Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Huffington Post is playing it with the headline, “He Ad-Mitts It.” During a campaign stop in New Hampshire on Friday, Mitt Romney tackled the topic of climate change using language that won’t win him many fans in some skeptical corners of the conservative movement:

“I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that,” he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

“It’s important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may be significant contributors.”

National Journal points out that this isn’t a first time admission, however, though they call the comments “notable”:

It’s far from the first time Romney has said he thinks man is contributing to climate change. In his 2010 book No Apology: The Case for American Greatness, the former Massachusetts governor wrote he thought man was contributing to global warming, saying the melting polar ice caps are “hard to ignore.”

Even as conservative disbelief in climate change science hardens, it‘s notable Romney isn’t backing down from an unpopular decision.

In the book, he also questioned how much of the warming is man-made while outlining several alternate theories about the causes of the rising temperatures, such as cyclical temperature cycles. He also emphasized his opposition to “unilateral U.S. cap-and-trade mandates.”

This clip from WMUR-TV doesn’t include the climate change discussion. You can hear his comments on spending and health care. And a quip about Obama that may indicate that Dan Rather is writing Romney’s jokes:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/rom...at-humans-have-contributed-to-global-warming/

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
State healthcare :down: Man made global warming :down: Romney :down:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Between state run health care and this global warming non-sense (where was this "global warming" in January), he sounds more like a democrat than a conservative.

Must be something is that Boston "dirty water".

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Even though I am opposed to the draconian laws and regulations the greens have passed or tried to pass related to climate change, I am pragmatic about it just like Romney. It's clear the globe is warming. It's not clear how much is the natural cycle of cooling and heating and how much is the result of fossil fuel burning. I'm no expert, but common sense tells me that mankind burning fuel for billions of people over 100+ years is making some contribution to the warming. I think that's all Mitt is saying, and conservatives will make a mistake if they dismiss that possibility. To me, the difference in the right and left should be in how we react. The left wants to shut down our economy in the name of saving the planet. I have more confidence in our planet's ability to recover and our ability to get cleaner over time through technology. It's not a crisis and it does not require us to change our lifestyle to deal with it. If Tea Partiers and others on the right allow this to be another dividing issue going into the elections, they will be putting another nail in the coffin of a potential Republican win. There are really only two things that matter in this election: How to get the economy and job and market humming again, and how to get rid of the unaffordable Obamacare. Republicans had better keep their eye on the prize and quit majoring in minors.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Even though I am opposed to the draconian laws and regulations the greens have passed or tried to pass related to climate change, I am pragmatic about it just like Romney. It's clear the globe is warming. It's not clear how much is the natural cycle of cooling and heating and how much is the result of fossil fuel burning. I'm no expert, but common sense tells me that mankind burning fuel for billions of people over 100+ years is making some contribution to the warming. I think that's all Mitt is saying, and conservatives will make a mistake if they dismiss that possibility. To me, the difference in the right and left should be in how we react. The left wants to shut down our economy in the name of saving the planet. I have more confidence in our planet's ability to recover and our ability to get cleaner over time through technology. It's not a crisis and it does not require us to change our lifestyle to deal with it. If Tea Partiers and others on the right allow this to be another dividing issue going into the elections, they will be putting another nail in the coffin of a potential Republican win. There are really only two things that matter in this election: How to get the economy and job and market humming again, and how to get rid of the unaffordable Obamacare. Republicans had better keep their eye on the prize and quit majoring in minors.
Very well said indeed sir. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O get real you fools.. :laughing:

It's been warmer, and it's been cooler. 30% of the earth is land, 90% of the earth population is only covering 20% of the land.

Do the math and quit listening to the idiots.. :laughing:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
O get real you fools.. :laughing:

It's been warmer, and it's been cooler. 30% of the earth is land, 90% of the earth population is only covering 20% of the land.

Do the math and quit listening to the idiots.. :laughing:
Just using common sense. We have burned billions of barrels of oil and billions of tons of coal and trillions of cubic feet of gas. Surely that has had some impact on the atmosphere. I don't think it's a crisis, and as we develop new technologies and reduce our dependence on those sources, I think the planet will clean itself up. It's not heresy to think we have had a little impact on our planet. It's also not a crisis. :cheers:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just using common sense. We have burned billions of barrels of oil and billions of tons of coal and trillions of cubic feet of gas. Surely that has had some impact on the atmosphere. I don't think it's a crisis, and as we develop new technologies and reduce our dependence on those sources, I think the planet will clean itself up. It's not heresy to think we have had a little impact on our planet. It's also not a crisis. :cheers:
This rock is in a constant state of change, always has been, always will be. Now, if we can figure out a way to feed 25 billion people, maybe we could impact it, maybe.

:cheers:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
This rock is in a constant state of change, always has been, always will be.:cheers:
I agree. And I believe that natural change is responsible for the majority of our warming. I'm just saying, along with Romney, that mankind has probably had some effect on the earth's climate. And for Tea Partiers to latch onto issues like this and throw stones at the person who, for now, seems like the most likely candidate to defeat Obama ----- well, it's self-defeating.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And for Tea Partiers to latch onto issues like this and throw stones at the person who, for now, seems like the most likely candidate to defeat Obama ----- well, it's self-defeating.
Not really.

AnyonebutBush got us Obama, because too many stupid, uninformed people voted for anybodybutBush. Now there is a whole new crop of stupid uninformed people ready to vote for anybodybutObama.

The problems are:

The "right" hates Obamacare. But they are willing to overlook it's inspiration, Romneycare.

The "right" hates the manipulation of climate change, into "We need to tax more people and slow down developed economies. But, they are willing to overlook Romney's belief in the scam.

The "right" don't want another big-government minion leading this country. But they are willing to overlook Romney's indisputable placement as a big-government minion.

Hi "r" stands for RINO. And if we are going to have a socialized medicine mandating, manmade climate change preaching, big-government minion, what's wrong with the one we have? At least he is becoming a known quantity.. and he means what he says, and he does what he says. Romney is too wishy washy, in fact, he is more like John Kerry..

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
Not really.

AnyonebutBush got us Obama, because too many stupid, uninformed people voted for anybodybutBush. Now there is a whole new crop of stupid uninformed people ready to vote for anybodybutObama.

The problems are:

The "right" hates Obamacare. But they are willing to overlook it's inspiration, Romneycare.

The "right" hates the manipulation of climate change, into "We need to tax more people and slow down developed economies. But, they are willing to overlook Romney's belief in the scam.

The "right" don't want another big-government minion leading this country. But they are willing to overlook Romney's indisputable placement as a big-government minion.

Hi "r" stands for RINO. And if we are going to have a socialized medicine mandating, manmade climate change preaching, big-government minion, what's wrong with the one we have? At least he is becoming a known quantity.. and he means what he says, and he does what he says. Romney is too wishy washy, in fact, he is more like John Kerry..
Holy crap you just endorsed Obama....you are the anti Newb. :laughing::laughing:

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
:agree: Dont forget deforestation and letting loose billions of barrels of oil in open waters from oil spills, toxic dumping and the like...

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holy crap you just endorsed Obama....you are the anti Newb. :laughing::laughing:
:laughing: Not quite, just trying to help these guys with their rose colored GOP glasses realize, they are at risk of doing the EXACT same thing Obama voters did in 2008.. and getting the EXACT same results.

:cheers:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Between state run health care and this global warming non-sense (where was this "global warming" in January), he sounds more like a democrat than a conservative.

Must be something is that Boston "dirty water".
Don't forget his hatred for private gun ownership and the 2A....

Yes, the climate may be warming- natural climate cycle. During the middle ages, England had a thriving wine industry, now its too cold to grow grapes....

·
Banned
7,823 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since the industrial age, perhaps?
Coincidentally, yes. I know the GW zealots like to point to the industrial age as a culprit, but it leaves them very exposed when the timeline of say, 1000 years is researched. And for the first 50 years of the industrial age, the scope of c02 output was miniscule, when the entire planet climate is considered.

The GW religion fails to account for the cyclical history of the planet, that's their Achilles heal. Stopping the entire worlds economy, energy production and growth would have 0 effect on the climate of this planet.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Coincidentally, yes. I know the GW zealots like to point to the industrial age as a culprit, but it leaves them very exposed when the timeline of say, 1000 years is researched. And for the first 50 years of the industrial age, the scope of c02 output was miniscule, when the entire planet climate is considered.

The GW religion fails to account for the cyclical history of the planet, that's their Achilles heal. Stopping the entire worlds economy, energy production and growth would have 0 effect on the climate of this planet.
:agree:
Some people feel safer as lemmings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts