Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Surprise showing @ our Saturday 10am meeting today, April 29, 2006

I asked Ron, "How do you like racing as a career?", He replies, "It beats working !"

Sign my car ?

The BEAST @ home.

Ron drives a new C6z Machine Silver too. (mod red interior)

His website,

http://www.corvetteracing.com/drivers/ronfellows/ronfellows.shtml

Bye Ron !

A bit more info from Ron.

Ron mentioned that the C6-R is about 600 lbs lighter than our C6z and instead of 505HP it is 600HP.

He also mentioned that the C6-R changed from GoodYear and put on Michelin tires and shaved 3 seconds withOUT any tuning. The team was surprised. With tuning they shaved another 1.4 sec. overall. The reason that the C6Z06 does NOT have Michelin tires is that Dave Hill would NOT allow a spare tire on the car. Michelins did NOT have RUNFLATS as Goodyear does.

Ron is a great guy with lots of stories. He also is praising Tom Wallace. Ron said Dave Hill hand-picked Tom as his replacement!

-Bill.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We tried to offer him some TIM HORTON Donuts. But, he declined due to weight restrictions. The guy is like a matchstick.Tall and straight.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Did Ron plan on stopping by or did he just happen to be in the area and saw all the vettes, and then decided to stop? I met Ron at the C5 bash last week at BG, great guy. I had him (along with Jon, and a few other guys associated with the team) sign a C6-R replica, very cool!

·
Registered
177 Posts
The reason that the C6Z06 does NOT have Michelin tires is that Dave Hill would NOT allow a spare tire on the car. Michelins did NOT have RUNFLATS as Goodyear does.

Michelin do have run flats in all kinds of sizes, including 19's. I have 345/30 on my car

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ulllose said:
Michelin do have run flats in all kinds of sizes, including 19's. I have 345/30 on my car
Possibly NOT available during their build time requirements. Maybe other policys in place?! The c6-r runs Michelin's now.

Thanks!
Bill.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
56 Posts
Great posting Smook. Do you remember meeting me when i showed you that 1972 Corvette Convertible back about 5 years ago? Hope all is well. You can email me anytime at [email protected] if you want to keep in touch. I wanted to email you about our club's corvette show in July so please keep in touch, ciao for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts