Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
That creepy old guy
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between the Ron Fellows edition Z06 and a regular Z06? Is it the paint job or are there other options this car comes with? Sweet looking car however!

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
Cosmetic differences, no performance differences. You can't buy a white Z06 other than a RFE. And you're right, it is a very sweet looking car.:cheers:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would just get a regular Z06.

The dealer i went to had a RF Z06 in their showroom, it was already bought. Nothing special about it, just some dress-up items.

Maybe some better resale value down the road, who knows.

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
Plus you have extreme dealer mark up on the RFE. Some places are offering it for sticker, though it's hard to find a dealer willing to do that. It just depends on what you're looking for. If the RFE is what you like and you're willing to pay the extra 4-5K for the RFE package, plus the 5-20K dealer markup, then go for it. But you can get the same power in a regular Z06. And for 2008, there are two new colors that look pretty cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
They also have a signed console lid and some hood stripes that the dealer gets to install, both of which I think are tacky.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Maybe try this...

With the cost on the dealer mark up (5-20K)...why not just get a reg. ZO6...and with the money you have saved from NOT paying the mark up...take that and get it painted white...have some same type of stickers made for the car (but have YOUR name and some years and a AMERICAN FLAG on it) and stick it on the car...get a guy to throw in some two toned leather color of your choice and then YOU sign and number the inside of the consol! All in all that would probably cost LESS THAN the dealer mark up you would pay, and you don't have some other guys name on your car. PLUS it's #1 of 1 for the (insert your initals)Comm. Edition ZO6's every made...making it MUCH more rare than the RFE ZO6. Just my two cents!
:thumbsup:

James
1N189

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well, unless you are dealing with a dealer that has one, the question is sort of moot. The last Ron Fellows Z06 rolled off the assembly line more than a week ago.

The Ron Fellows Z adds $2,020 to the price of a Z06 with chrome wheels. (Which are sweet, by the way!)

I think you have to see this car up close and personal to appreciate what it looks like. Online pics and magazine covers don't do it justice. Yes, it is "just a Z06" but in my eyes it is the most beautiful Corvette since the 1953. Yes, WDM may make it less attractive but I'll tell you, that the first time you see one you will be proud of what GM did to honor one of their "greats".

·
That creepy old guy
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guy's. Great info. Me being a C3 guy, I was not familiar with these cars. I would agree that the extra money is not worth it. Give me a Black on Black Z06 and I'll be fine!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
What's the cost of owning a white Z? That's really the question. Personally, I'd be willing to fork out a little more for the beauty that is the RFE.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
RFE has the following:

* 2LZ preferred equpment group
* QX3 Chrome Z06 Wheels
* Full width tail spoiler
* Arctic white door handles
* Ron Fellows hand signed and numbered console lid.
* "CORVETTE" windshield logo, Unique right & left front fender red hash marks (dealer installed, or not, owner's choice).
* Carbon-look tech pattern interior trim
* Red/black interior theme.

Source: Corvette Magazine June 2007

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
First off, I'm new to DC so hello everyone!! second, white looks very good on the Z06

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
Welcome aboard Specledorf!.. Head on into the "intro's and greets " forum and make yourself known.

Welcome to DC! :cheers:

·
Registered
40 Posts
ron fellows vs z06

once again gm big shots screwed this up and missed great chance ,they should have as porsche ,ferrari,mclaren did and it was to make it special ,strip it to the bone ,race seats , roll bar ,carbon fiber loss some weight make it maybe track only?MAKE IT SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No they haven't learned any thing yet!!! Remember toyota!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts