Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Anything that R/R was for I am against. I know there are alot of people who swear by the man. But I know he was a low life and what he did to the air traffic controllers was unconscionable. :down:
... and that's why your called StillCrazy. :thumbsup:

Tell us, why was R/R a "low life"? :huh:

Because he upheld a law that most Presidents would not have the balls to do? A law that was being broken by thousands of government employees??? ;) Ending a strike that affected the national safety of the U.S. as well as our national economy??? :huh:

Or just because he stood up to Eastern Bloc communism and ended the Cold War???

"I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there's purpose and worth to each and every life."
-Ronald Reagan

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything that R/R was for I am against. I know there are alot of people who swear by the man. But I know he was a low life and what he did to the air traffic controllers was unconscionable. :down:
Yeah but,

Did you LISTEN to the link??

Or did you just blurt out your feelings about RR?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
... and that's why your called StillCrazy. :thumbsup:

Tell us, why was R/R a "low life"? :huh:
Simple he destroyed the air traffic controllers and decimated the air traffic controllers union,buy doing this he put every American who traveled by air in danger by using people who weren't ready to assume the duties. No one did a thing. Just like bush should have been impeached for not doing anything to help the people of Louisiana when Katrina rolled in and they knew that the levies wouldn't hold and they knew this WAY in advance of the hurricane.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Simple he destroyed the air traffic controllers and decimated the air traffic controllers union,buy doing this he put every American who traveled by air in danger by using people who weren't ready to assume the duties. No one did a thing. Just like bush should have been impeached for not doing anything to help the people of Louisiana when Katrina rolled in and they knew that the levies wouldn't hold and they knew this WAY in advance of the hurricane.
Well maybe they should have been a bit more professional in their bargaining tactics???? Your government employed traffic controllers wanting a 30 hour work week decided to strike and shut down all national air travel. The POTUS did what was expected of him, within his legal ability, as leader of the free world to resolve the issue and maintain order. I tend to believe he did the right thing. I'd be a little pissed too if my lively hood depended on air travel and the guys sitting behind the computer decided to "Call in Sick" by the thousands all together, so my flights where cancelled. That's just so mature. You do realize how much of our economy and peoples lives are built on air travel? :cheers:

He did the right thing.

As for Bush...

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Simple he destroyed the air traffic controllers and decimated the air traffic controllers union,buy doing this he put every American who traveled by air in danger by using people who weren't ready to assume the duties. No one did a thing.
Just for shits and giggles, what happened with those people who "weren't ready"? Were there any disasters related to this?

Just like bush should have been impeached for not doing anything to help the people of Louisiana when Katrina rolled in and they knew that the levies wouldn't hold and they knew this WAY in advance of the hurricane.
Just out of curiosity, what should he have done? And why just Louisiana? Why not include Alabama and Florida?

RR Knew his ****, ask Gorbachev. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Just for shits and giggles, what happened with those people who "weren't ready"? Were there any disasters related to this?

Just out of curiosity, what should he have done? And why just Louisiana? Why not include Alabama and Florida?

Oooh! Good questions! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK.

So did ANYBODY that posted listen to the flippin link??

:huh:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

Valid point on the other states but Louisiana was far more decimated and The loss of life was far more than the other states.

As for the air traffic controllers,no ,no one got killed, but not because of anything he did,but by the grace of God.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Valid point on the other states but Louisiana was far more decimated and The loss of life was far more than the other states.
And, you do understand why that is correct? It wasn't because of anything Bush did, it was because those people took responsibility for themselves, and because their state and local government took appropriate steps. You do understand that the La. Gov. and Nagin were the highest authority in the situation and they dropped the ball.

As for the air traffic controllers,no ,no one got killed, but not because of anything he did,but by the grace of God.
So, your saying that they were evidently ready? They handled the task assigned to them?

RR had his faults, as everyone does. But your a bit overstated on the issues. :cheers:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Just like bush should have been impeached for not doing anything to help the people of Louisiana when Katrina rolled in and they knew that the levies wouldn't hold and they knew this WAY in advance of the hurricane.
I think we all agree that what happened there was a tragedy, but I find it funny that you are only blaming the federal government. So you don't think the City or State governments have any responsibility to look out for their citizens? Shouldn't the State and City governments been screaming for better levees before this happened? Shouldn't they have ordered an evacuation in a timely manor? Shouldn't there been transportation available for evacuation and food/water/medical care at the evacuation points?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Guess God wasn't watching out for the Katrina victims then??? :huh:

That sucks!

Guess God wasn't watching out for those air traffic controlers either? :huh:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
And, you do understand why that is correct? It wasn't because of anything Bush did, it was because those people took responsibility for themselves, and because their state and local government took appropriate steps. You do understand that the La. Gov. and Nagin were the highest authority in the situation and they dropped the ball.

So, your saying that they were evidently ready? They handled the task assigned to them?

RR had his faults, as everyone does. But your a bit overstated on the issues. :cheers:
Sorry I disagree vehemently. Bush knew the levies wouldn't hold a category 3 let alone a category 5/6 . The federal government under Bush took money continually from the Corp of Engineers,money that was specially earmarked for rebuilding the levies.
He was told several times as Katrina entered the Gulf that this hurricane was headed exactly where it landed and levies wouldn't hold and that evaluation was advisable,none of this occurred.
As to R/R 's point on socialized medicine I listened and my point is this. In this country of so much wealth it is unconscionable for people to have no health insurance and the reason is they can't afford it. It is wrong for the elderly to have to choose either food or insurance because they can't afford,it WRONG for veteran's not being able to get the health care they need in today's society. Maybe we need to nationalize health care, not a foreign idea given the same idea was ventured forth about the gas companies. I personally think nationalization is wrong but if no one comes up with a better plan then so be it.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Those levies were built way before Bush and they were built to withstand Cat 2 hurricanes. And if the Army Corps of Engineers were requesting money to re-enforce the levies to Cat 3 you can rest assure that they started requesting that money way before Bush entered office. Bush just happen to be the man in charge when they failed.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Sorry I disagree vehemently. Bush knew the levies wouldn't hold a category 3 let alone a category 5/6 . The federal government under Bush took money continually from the Corp of Engineers,money that was specially earmarked for rebuilding the levies.
He was told several times as Katrina entered the Gulf that this hurricane was headed exactly where it landed and levies wouldn't hold and that evaluation was advisable,none of this occurred.
I appreciate your response, but it's dead wrong. State and local government are responsible for evacuations and preparedness. Daddy fed isn't. That's why Texas, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, all had their **** together. Louisiana's gov. and mayor Nagin called the shots, not Bush. And the federal government under the 3 presidents prior to Bush did the same thing with corps money. I know for some people, laying everything on Bush is convenient, but the facts don't support the statements.

As to R/R 's point on socialized medicine I listened and my point is this. In this country of so much wealth it is unconscionable for people to have no health insurance and the reason is they can't afford it. It is wrong for the elderly to have to choose either food or insurance because they can't afford,it WRONG for veteran's not being able to get the health care they need in today's society. Maybe we need to nationalize health care, not a foreign idea given the same idea was ventured forth about the gas companies. I personally think nationalization is wrong but if no one comes up with a better plan then so be it.
There are much better plans out there than whats being considered. The bill they are working on does not lower costs, does not improve care, does not improve access. Rest assured, the bill they are working on does 2 things for the fed, power and money. It will do nothing good for you nor anyone you know. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are much better plans out there than whats being considered. The bill they are working on does not lower costs, does not improve care, does not improve access. Rest assured, the bill they are working on does 2 things for the fed, power and money. It will do nothing good for you nor anyone you know. :cheers:

:agree:

The elderly should be against this bill big time.

Of all the uninsured there are some that choose NOT to be insured and can be if they choose, which skews the numbers.

There are about 12 million or so that are truly uninsured that need it.

If we address THOSE people and not force EVERYONE to participate in the gubmint plan it would be cheaper and more effective.

Freedom of choice for the people, the doctors, the employers, etc, is what we need to keep in place.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts