Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JAN 15 2011

Ronald Reagon's son RON says " dad had Alzheimer's in 1984"

Why did people vote for this dude back in the 80's?
(any body with 2 eyes, could see something just wasn't right about this man)

Did karma come back to haunt him?

This Krazy old man "messed the country up" single handedly

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/15/son-suggests-reagan-alzheimers-president/

which brother do you belive?

the drunk-drug attic on the left side (pictured) above

or the smarter brother on the right side of the (picture)

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
So his "I don't recall" testimony thruout the Iran-Contra scandal was true?

:rolling:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Maybe in Austrailia you have drunk attics.

What qualifications do you posses that makes you qualified to assess anyone as to thier dependencies?

Also interesting that, if this is true, Regan did more to pull this country out of the Carter destruction and destroyed the Soviet Empire with a disability than progressives have done since.

Progressives ---> epic fail.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
RR with half of a functioning brain, was still 6 times smarter than anyone the DNC has offered up in the 20th or 21st century... and about 100 times smarter than their zombies..

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Ron Jr and Ron Sr never did get along. Ron Sr could never accept Jr's Lifestyle nor his liberal politics. Jr. is a spoiled brat who was always a thorn in his father's side. Now that his mother and father are both gone, he feels the strength to attack the family for his own financial gain.

By the way, Jr also denied he was gay in the past. Now? Not so much. :lookinup: Kind of makes him a liar in my eyes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Ronald Reagon's son RON says " dad had Alzheimer's in 1984"
Let's start with your falsities... as your ideology can not stand on its own merits without them.

Did you even read the article ?

The memoir quotes excerpts from Ron Reagan's book "My Father at 100," published by Viking, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA). Ron Reagan is an outspoken liberal.

Reagan's son writes that he believes his father would have left office before his second term ended in 1989 had the disease been diagnosed then. U.S. News & World Report was the first to break the publishing embargo.

"I've seen no evidence that my father (or anyone else) was aware of his medical condition while he was in office," Reagan writes. "Had the diagnosis been made in, say 1987, would he have stepped down? I believe he would have."
So, once again... you prove your (the lefts) propensity to willingly and knowingly state a falsity... a lie. You do this in order to validate your own hatred for any ideology, other then your own.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Let's start with your falsities... as your ideology can not stand on its own merits without them.

Did you even read the article ?

So, once again... you prove your (the lefts) propensity to willingly and knowingly state a falsity... a lie. You do this in order to validate your own hatred for any ideology, other then your own.
All that says is that he had it but no one knew of it. Nothing more. Nothing less.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I heard a radio report yesterday while driving where they had checked some of the dates when Ron said Ronald received medical treatment and his facts were wrong. Reagan's daily activities are completely documented, and some of the times Ron said he was in the hospital or getting treatment, he was actually making public appearances. It seems Ron is full of **** as he always was, and is trying to drum up book sales. Nothing new here. :nuts:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
All that says is that he had it but no one knew of it. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Wrong. :crazy: Your comprehension skill are lacking.

"Reagan's son writes that he believes his father would have left office before his second term ended in 1989 had the disease been diagnosed then. U.S. News & World Report was the first to break the publishing embargo.

"I've seen no evidence that my father (or anyone else) was aware of his medical condition while he was in office," "

Never diagnosed when in office-Father would have left office early had he had it-No one was aware of there being a condition. Just more slander by the Libs. :crazy:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
No... no it doesn't say that at all. It states that NOBODY was aware of a condition that did not exist at the time. Ron Reagan states "he believes"... being the doctor he was. This is about an uber-leftist that come to the realization that he will never achieve the greatness of his Father. In his mind... the only way to achieve this -is to reduce that greatness to a level that is more attainable. I do believe the medical records of all incoming presidents are still public information...

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
No... no it doesn't say that at all. It states that NOBODY was aware of a condition that did not exist at the time. Ron Reagan states "he believes"... being the doctor he was. This is about an uber-leftist that come to the realization that he will never achieve the greatness of his Father. In his mind... the only way to achieve this -is to reduce that greatness to a level that is more attainable. I do believe the medical records of all incoming presidents are still public information...
And if you knew anything about the disease or know of anyone with it, you would know that it is undetectable unless specifically tested for. Many people have it for a long time before anyone thinks to test for it. They let the symptoms go as 'sleepy, hard of hearing, gentle, goofy, flaky, or having a brain fart day.'

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
And if you knew anything about the disease or know of anyone with it, you would know that it is undetectable unless specifically tested for. Many people have it for a long time before anyone thinks to test for it. They let the symptoms go as 'sleepy, hard of hearing, gentle, goofy, flaky, or having a brain fart day.'
So, the entire progressive movement has altzheimer's. I can accept that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
So you know somebody with it... big deal. Now, you're an expert ? The simple process of aging will generate each and every one of those symptoms. This is what I stated it was... nothing more. One dude's opinion... a dude with a self-serving, alternative motive. Prove me incorrect.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
There is no definitive test for Alzheimer's. It can only be confirmed post mortem with a brain biopsy. In living people, it is assumed if certain behaviors are present. But there is often considerable time between the time the brain is truly affected and the onset of observable symptoms. Unless they did a biopsy on Reagan in the 80's, no one can say for sure when he was impaired by the disease. And since you can't biopsy living people, this is all bullshit about selling books.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Imagine that... Tsavo wrong, again. Who'd of thunk it.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
So you know somebody with it... big deal. Now, you're an expert ? The simple process of aging will generate each and every one of those symptoms. This is what I stated it was... nothing more. One dude's opinion... a dude with a self-serving, alternative motive. Prove me incorrect.
vfpreacher,long time no hear.While I NEVER likes Reagan as a pres. His son is less than a human being.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
There is no definitive test for Alzheimer's. It can only be confirmed post mortem with a brain biopsy. In living people, it is assumed if certain behaviors are present. But there is often considerable time between the time the brain is truly affected and the onset of observable symptoms. Unless they did a biopsy on Reagan in the 80's, no one can say for sure when he was impaired by the disease. And since you can't biopsy living people, this is all bullshit about selling books.
PET & SPECT scans of the brain can show it. I know. I had 2 family members and a friend scanned and diagnosed by it.

"When available as a diagnostic tool, single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and positron emission tomography (PET) neuroimaging are used to confirm a diagnosis of Alzheimer's in conjunction with evaluations involving mental status examination.[97] In a person already having dementia, SPECT appears to be superior in differentiating Alzheimer's disease from other possible causes, compared with the usual attempts employing mental testing and medical history analysis.[98] Advances have led to the proposal of new diagnostic criteria.[5][81]

A new technique known as PiB PET has been developed for directly and clearly imaging beta-amyloid deposits in vivo using a tracer that binds selectively to the A-beta deposits.[99] The PiB-PET compound uses carbon-11 PET scanning. Recent studies suggest that PiB-PET is 86% accurate in predicting which people with mild cognitive impairment will develop Alzheimer's disease within two years, and 92% accurate in ruling out the likelihood of developing Alzheimer's.[100]

A similar PET scanning radiopharmaceutical compound called (E)-4-(2-(6-(2-(2-(2-([18F]-fluoroethoxy)ethoxy)ethoxy)pyridin-3-yl)vinyl)-N-methyl benzenamine, or 18F AV-45, or florbetapir-fluorine-18, or simply florbetapir, contains the longer-lasting radionuclide fluorine-18, has recently been created, and tested as a possible diagnostic tool in Alzheimer's patients.[101][102][103][104] Florbetapir, like PiB, binds to beta-amyloid, but due to its use of fluorine-18 has a half-life of 110 minutes, in contrast to PiB's radioactive half life of 20 minutes. Wong et al. found that the longer life allowed the tracer to accumulate significantly more in the brains of the AD patients, particularly in the regions known to be associated with beta-amyloid deposits.[104]

One review predicted that amyloid imaging is likely to be used in conjunction with other markers rather than as an alternative.[105]

Volumetric MRI can detect changes in the size of brain regions. Measuring those regions that atrophy during the progress of Alzheimer's disease is showing promise as a diagnostic indicator. It may prove less expensive than other imaging methods currently under study.[106]"

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts