Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since having my roof fly off last fall before storage (taken off and put back on the wrong way by my brother who borrowed it), i have been stuck with a damaged glass roof patched up with black duct tape for the past few months. I have been lookiing around at different replacement tops (used) and had some bad luck with a ruby painted top that mathced perfectly (damaged by UPS in shipping), but am now trying to decide what to do.

Since I have had trouble finding a good used glass top for a decent price, I am debating buying a "rain top" but have not heard very good things about them. The car is garaged most of the time, but it would nice to have a top i could throw on quick while the car is parked am at work, in the store, etc. I also think ifi ever try to trade or sell the car, the hard top would be needed to add value.

Has anyone found a good quality rain top or am i better off just spending the money to buy a reconditioned top off the internet ($900)???

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
You know I just went through this same thought and member here "Streetknight" has one and said it's the biggest piece of crap he's ever seen. We are supposed to get together soon and see if we can do something with it to make it better. I'd just buy a tinted top and forget it.
Check this out. If your frame is good you can get quite a deal on one.:thumbsup:
http://www.astrotops.com/84_96tops.html

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Melrose is probably one of the best places for a top.

I think their site is

www.melrosettops.com

but if you google the name you should find it.
I agree with jrzvette.. I also have met the owners of Melrose.. Great guys, That is where I would go for a top if I needed one

·
Registered
66 Posts
have to agree about drew at astrotops. i had ordered a fiberglass top, he took the time to call and offer me one with a minute blemish at a $200 savings and spent quite a while advising me on weatherstrip. first class guy

neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts