Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what with all the commotion you know where, I saw a link to this place and thought I'd give it a try.

I have a 2002 35th anniversary Camaro SS modified by SLP PP in '03 to 485 hp.

Last October I took museum delivery of a Victory Red Z06.

Love both cars, but the Z is def. in a whole other league. :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
what with all the commotion you know where, I saw a link to this place and thought I'd give it a try.

I have a 2002 35th anniversary Camaro SS modified by SLP PP in '03 to 485 hp.

Last October I took museum delivery of a Victory Red Z06.

Love both cars, but the Z is def. in a whole other league. :D
I don't know... it's looking kinda full... :smack

:D :buhbye: gauSSian :cheers:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Of course we have room for you!!!! Welcome to DC!!!!

BTW, we love pics here!!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here's some info and pics of my rides. I'll start with the Camaro SS LE.

She is #1,776 of 3,367 anniversary edition Camaro SS's produced for '02 and #4,139 of 11,191 SS's in general. She is 1 of 934 A4 coupes.

I ordered her on October 6, 2001. Factory options: preferred equipment group2, rear window defogger, performance axle, traction control. SLP options: 345 hp CME (later upgraded to SLP’s braced design), BFG g-Force TA KD tires (2nd set now), Bilstein Ultra Suspension, Auburn Differential, Floor Mats (also have spare set with deck mat), Portfolio, Key Fobs & Plaque.

She was born December 14, 2001 and I took delivery January 2, 2002.

About a week later I had the windows tinted and an audio system upgrade: Power Antenna, 544 watt Phoenix Gold amp (for JL stealth box), 658 watt Phoenix Gold amp (for 4 JL 6.5 coax. w xover), Pioneer DEHP430 AM/FM CD MCD DFS EEQ 50 X 4, Pioneer GEXP900XM XM digital satellite tuner. Ahhh, now I can rattle my innards. :partyon:

In June of '02, I finally got online and saw some of the appearance and performance mods others were doing, so I began with some appearance mods: Mobil 1 Cap and Decal, SLP 35th LE grille, windshield lettering, engraved chrome license frame, SLP chrome emblem, Baer Eradispeed+ Rotors front and back.

Then came the performance mods. I started slowly with just SLP SFCs, SLP STB, SLP reinforced Panhard Bar, SLP 85 mm MAF.

These really tightened her up, but I wanted a real power increase, so in August of 2003 I drove her up to Toms River, NJ and had SLP install a few goodies: 485 hp LS1 Cylinder Head & Cam (234/228) Package w/inst. kit including chrome molly pushrods 7.350" set of 16, double row nitrated timing chain, blueprinted oil pump LS1/LS6, off-road LT headers w/inst. kit, set of 2 high flow cats, LM exhaust mated to CME, K&N Air Filter, CAI, smooth bellows, moser 12-bolt 3.73 rear TCS & ABS 47 tooth w/inst. kit, torque converter 3300-3500, driveshaft loop, high capacity radiator, 160 deg. thermo. w/housing, painted reinforced LCA's, heavy duty adj. torque arm, dyno-based PCM4 tuning.

Dyno pulls before their install gave rwhp: 314.2 rwtq: 320.4
Dyno pulls after their install gave rwhp: 407.3 rwtq: 356.8

To help keep the tranny cool, I also added:B&M 24K GVW Supercooler, TCI cast aluminum deep pan.

Here is a sound file: right click save as please

She really turns heads setting off car alarms cruising downtown St. Augustine. :D

Stock fuel economy was an average mpg of 23, modded it dropped to about 18.

Here's a few pics:

Now...I always knew I would have a 'vette after the SS, just as I knew I would have an SS after my previous Z28. I also knew it had to have more power than the Camaro, so the Z06 was my only choice. Ordered one on August 3, 2006. One problem...I had always had automatics...never drove stick before. :surprised

Here are the options I chose: Victory Red, 2LZ w/NAV, Cobalt Red Leather, Polished Aluminum Wheels, Museum Delivery.

So, while I waited for my Z to be built, I decided to man up and really learn how to drive after all these years. Plus, I didn't want to look stupid when I took museum delivery.

A friend of mine took me out in her old 5 speed Dodge Cummins Diesel truck and taught me pretty well. The truck had enough low end torque that it was difficult to stall, but I still managed a few times a first. She showed me how I needed to rev match when downshifting, etc.

Anyhow, the word came in that my day of delivery would be October 6, 2006. I have a nephew that's always enjoyed being involved with the Camaro that I wanted to share the experience with, and after convincing my sister to let him miss a few days of school, it was set.

I know most folks drive their new 'vettes home from the museum, but I did not go that route. I was still new to sticks, and feared all the hilly terrain between BG and here, but also wanted to get a bunch of Zaino of her before putting any miles on her. So, a friend of a friend is an exotic car carrier, and I had him meet me there to whisk her into his trailer and cover her up.

My nehpew and I had a blast doing the factory tour and then the musuem tour, climaxing with the presentation of the Z06. I just stood there and marvelled at the fine machine that is mine. She was the 74th museum delivered Z06 for the '07 model year.

here's a directory of pics:

click here

I was a bit tense driving her at first, although I could immediately tell the handling was like nothing I'd ever felt before. I had to really keep my mind focused on what sequence of events needed to occur to keep from upsetting the balance, but I was determined to master it, so practice, practice practice.

Nearly 10K miles later I can say without a doubt, I'll never own another automatic performance/sports car again.

I am planning to attend a driving school so I can better appreciate the car in a safe manner.

Once I do that, I plan to send her to LPE for a custom upgrade package of the TT nature. :partyon:

I'm thinking about an A4 to M6 conversion on the Camaro, maybe a stage III C5R 427 stroker, brake upgrade, true dual exhaust.

decisions, decisions. :devil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts