Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about these? I'm thinking of trading my 91 Explorer for a 90 RX-7 convert. but the car smokes I've been told this is normal on start up for a rotary engine but can anyone else shed some light on this?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
You wife is gonna kill you in your sleep some night. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Being that the car is 13 years old I'd be sceptical.
Go to a dealer and start a new one, see if it smokes.

Yeah I know, big help:laughing:

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob88con said:
You wife is gonna kill you in your sleep some night. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
She's wants it you know top down going to the Bucs games.
I just played with her mind. Cool car, convertable, chick car. Should be fun to drive though.

That's for the site Punk Boy this is the thing I was looking for. I have reading to do now:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Rotary engine do use oil, make sure you get the car maintenance schedule because if not properly maintained the apex seals may be bad (seals on the rotors), to my understanding there was a 12A rotary and a 13B rotary motor manufactured by Mazda both are a twin rotor setup, I believe they switched to a 13B (bigger displacement) in 1986 but not sure, well built car that will last as long as its been properly maintained. I know the newer body style cars 1993-1995 were plagued with more problems (mostly due to the turbo) and the early ones (1993's) were really bad. Awesome cars to drive though, its a shame Mazda stopped making them. I have a friend who just sold his 1994 a couple years back with only 4-5K on the odometer, I got to drive the car quite a few times and it was a blast, more fun than his Viper. 255 horsepower out of 80 cubic inches :D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ive heard that the older ones have had numerous problems with seals and even the block itself warping...I would personally stay away from it...The new generation Renesis rotary is suppose to be a good motor from what i've read that is in the new RX-8...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts