Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for them! I need to replace the front rotors and pads and of course come here to find out whats best!

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I got a great deal from Zip around Christmas time on a set of slotted/drilled C6 Z51 style rotors with Hawk pads. If you're not planning on road course driving with it, they make a great street performance set. Plenty of bite and the slots keep them clean and free of gouges from dirt. No noise and plenty of stopping power after you get them bedded in.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! On my way to the Zip website now, and if I find a good deal, I'll be making a quick trip over there. Funny thing is, I didn't even think about Zip!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
what's your goal with this? That will make a big difference, personally, in what i would suggest.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I am a big fan of stopping.

Now, for my not so smart assed response, just street use, I don't track the car (sin) but drive it hard as I legally can on the streets!

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Here's the package I got. Plenty of stopping power for street use. Unless you want them for show or racing, the Brembo and Wilwood kits are a bit of overkill. You can already stop faster than pretty much anything else on the street.

http://www.zip-corvette.com/ProductDetails/Kits/KitDetails.aspx?KitItemID={97d0e4c7-dca8-4d98-92e7-ce61644ff08f}&gid={57145f63-5a54-4dc8-83ec-781d92ab8c4b}&GroupName=Performance+Brake+Rotors+%26+Hoses&pname=97-04+Drilled+%26+Slotted+Brake+Rotors+w%2fHawk+Pads&Referer=&Alias=&ptct=SGR-SR&CTitle=&

·
Registered
362 Posts
In that case, it depends on how much you want to spend. Honestly, for street use, you don't need a lot of brakes.

If you just want to get the job done, OEM-style replacement rotors and some OEM-style ceramic pads will work great on the street. Most auto parts stores will have some Brembo blank replacement rotors and they're pretty cheap. The Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads are extremely low dust, quiet, and are effective for street use. Just don't plan on tracking your car with those pads.

For a little bling, you can find some cross drilled/slotted replacement rotors. I don't recommend those for track use, but they sure look cool. If you want a little more stopping power, i've used Hawk HPS pads. As long as you don't mind a little dust, they stop great and are an upgrade to ceramic pads.

From there, the sky's the limit.

P.S. I'm with RTGordon. The big dollar kits are a waste of money if you're just using the car on the street, unless you can justify spending that much on bling.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts