Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling my wheels off this week to put on new center caps. I'm going to paint my rotors while their off. Should I paint them black or yellow??? :huh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
your rotors or calipers? if your calipers i would say black.... iv never heard of painting rotors but if you can, i would say black for them too

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
There cant be a way to paint your rotors. He must mean calipers. I say Yellow.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, got a case of the dumb ass. Yep, I meant calipers. I was thinking yellow, but maybe I'll try black. ;)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
You can paint your rotors.... everything but the rotor surface itself.
It wouldnt be worth it. Try and get some pics to show me. Cause I think it would be pointless. I beleave you that u can but I just dont think you could see them that well. IMO:smokin:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Loggins1 said:
It wouldnt be worth it. Try and get some pics to show me. Cause I think it would be pointless. I beleave you that u can but I just dont think you could see them that well. IMO:smokin:
On an a-mold wheel, you definitely see the hub. On non-GS rotors, the hub will rust and look nasty. Some high-temp paint and you are in good shape.

·
Registered
38 Posts
:agree:

when i had 18 Y2ks all around you could see everything inside the wheel. I had the hubs of the rotors and all but where the pads rub painted gloss black, to match the Black GS calipers and the gloss black caliper bracket. i went with eradispeed 2 piece rotors now so i dont need to paint them anymore. The hub is anodized black , and the surface of the rotor is cadmium plated so where the pad doesnt rub it will stay nice and clean.

:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts