Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mid america has them listed ,anybody use them yet,there adjustable from firm to soft to drag racing to handling.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I haven't seen them but what kind of price? Also if they are adjustable it would be a hit and miss deal trying to dial them in. I just bought a set of pro shocks that I am going to use for coil overs in the back and it ran about $700CDN and they are the low end and not adjustable. A good set of adjustable shocks are close to $1000 CDN.
For the front I would want Linear shocks and for the back digressive.
I also want very soft compressive since the springs are adding stiffness to the compression and stiff rebound since the shock has to fight that compressed spring.
Digressive are very very firm at first, say in the first inch then soften with more travel. They resist side roll and dive under acceleration and braking.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks norval,im considering getting the bilsteins after talking to a few of the vendors.they think with the 360lb rear glass spring and the 460 front springs id be better off.

·
Registered
746 Posts
nitro vette read this article on springs.
http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handling/handling_springs.lasso
I run the softest springs possible that will still do the job. I run 280 pound morosso front springs and something in the 140 pound rear springs. I am converting over to coil overs in the back right now and chose 250 pound coil over springs and hope they are not too stiff.
Read the article.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Forgot if you change springs you must have the car realigned. Changing the ride height by just 1 inch up or down causes a camber and toe change, especially the toe.
Get it aligned after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts