Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read the F’in Manual

Had the car since last May and found the gas cap holder by accident today. Looked in the manual and found the details on page 6-7. :rolleyes:

Guess I should now read the manual :D

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
There is also a gas door release on the inside of the car. You don't have to pry it open with a screw-driver each time. They cover this in the manual as well.
:laughing: :nuts:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Rtfm

Patrick96LT4 said:
There is also a gas door release on the inside of the car. You don't have to pry it open with a screw-driver each time. They cover this in the manual as well.
Don't laugh, on the same page they had the emergency gas release instructions just incase that little button doesn't work. Guess I've got some reading to do.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Re: Re: Rtfm

Patrick96LT4 said:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Natural Hi said:
I'm going to see if there's one on my 98 :laughing:
The 98's are different, the cap sits over the top of a holder that kinda hooks upward.

I had the same problem as ragvette with my 03, tryin to hang the whole cap on the piece that is meant to hold the line!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
Manual? We don't need no steeenkin manual!

Start engine. Put in gear. Floor it. Wait for flashing blue lights to appear. Stop. Beg.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Manual? We don't need no steeenkin manual!

Start engine. Put in gear. Floor it. Wait for flashing blue lights to appear. Stop. Beg.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Didn't know about the little hook, and I did read the manual!:laughing:
I bought that P.O.S. 20 cent piece of genuine leather (vinyl) with the C5 logo, that fits around the filler tube. For a mere $19.95 from Mid America.:surprised Thought my wife was going to :nuts: but she just :D . Hate it when she does that!
I will just keep this hook deal our little secret.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
War machine said:
It took me 2 years before I found the hatch release on the doors of my C4. :laughing:
I gave My 14 yr old the keys, He figured out the car in a flash! gave me all the details, now I is a c4 expert.:laughing:

·
Registered
138 Posts
COASTIE said:
I gave My 14 yr old the keys, He figured out the car in a flash! gave me all the details, now I is a c4 expert.:laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
If I gave my son the keys when he was 14, he would have immediately taken it to the nearest drag strip. And told me what it would do in the 1/4 mile!:D

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
cruzr said:
Didn't know about the little hook, and I did read the manual!:laughing:
I bought that P.O.S. 20 cent piece of genuine leather (vinyl) with the C5 logo, that fits around the filler tube. For a mere $19.95 from Mid America.:surprised Thought my wife was going to :nuts: but she just :D . Hate it when she does that!
I will just keep this hook deal our little secret.
:thumbsup:
that vinyl flap works,i need one as my cap always falls off and scratched the paint one time.later,Todd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts