Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started to fix my oil pan leak today knocked loose the rod that the pitman arm and tie rods attach to used a pickel fork and shreaded the rubber boot that is between the pitman arm and the rod that the tie rods attach to.
Does anyone know the name of the rod that the pitman arm and tie rods attach to or the name of the rubber boot under the pitman arm?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Relay Rod,
I'm not sure what boot you are referring to. But there is a grease seal between the pitman arm and the relay rod.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manual steering
Relay rod yep thats it could not think of it.
There is a rubber boot between the relay rod and pitman arm it holds in the grease last time it took me a long time to find one I wish I knew the correct name of this boot.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Paul
That is the center link and the boot is part of the rebuild kit offered for it by Paragon. If you haven't taken this apart you should, the ball studs wear on the ball end so take a look. There are 2 seats and springs in there. The kits are about $50.

Pickle fork rip the boots all the time. Next time use a 2 jaw puller or 2 hammers one to back up and the other to shock off the tapered stud.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Started to fix my oil pan leak today knocked loose the rod that the pitman arm and tie rods attach to used a pickel fork and shreaded the rubber boot that is between the pitman arm and the rod that the tie rods attach to.
Does anyone know the name of the rod that the pitman arm and tie rods attach to or the name of the rubber boot under the pitman arm?
Bump. Agree with gtr199. The rubber boot under the pitman arm is part of a rebuild kit that also include cups, springs and pins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts