Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EXCLUSIVE: RUMSFELD UNLOADS
Wed Feb 02 2011 17:37:08 ET

Long-awaited, from-the-hip memoir offers raw, unvarnished look at eight decades of history

"If you are not criticized, you may not be doing much."

So declares former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld in his news book 'KNOWN AND UNKNOWN'.

In the book, which streets next week, Rumsfeld details his half-century career in and around the ring -- and West Wing.

It is based not only on Rumsfeld's memory but also on hundreds of previously unreleased documents from throughout his career.

Now only the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal:

# Rumsfeld warned in 2001 of Afghan “swamp” and “not to make a career out of transforming Afghanistan;” parts ways with neocons on use of military to spread democracy around the world
# Lashes out at Clinton, Kerry, Biden for flip-flops on Iraq: “You wouldn’t want to be in a foxhole with them.”
# Disputes Powell’s claim that he was “duped” by administration on Iraq WMD, says Powell was no Bush administration “maverick”
# Bashes CNN for concealing Saddam's crimes against humanity prior to start of war
# Document: Rumsfeld pressed for more troops in Tora Bora to get bin Laden in 2001
# Says biggest regret not insisting on resigning after Abu Ghraib
# Says McCain had “hair-trigger temper” and “a propensity to shift his positions to appeal to the media”
# Shares his side of a decades long feud with Bush 41
# Aide tells Rumsfeld on 9/11: “You’re a son of a bitch.” Lives to tell the tale
# Had young Geraldo Rivera arrested in 1970s student protest, when he was known as Jerry Rivers
# Describes surprising encounter with Elvis in The King’s Las Vegas dressing room
# Recounts weird meetings with a confused President-elect Jimmy Carter
# Kissinger during last days of Watergate: “Rummy, we don’t even argue with Nixon anymore”

'KNOWN AND UNKNOWN' ranked #2,064 on AMAZON's hit parade Wednesday evening.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2r.htm

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Nice. I'll pick that one up. He's my third favorite political dude.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Thae last 4 should be worth the price of admission on thier own. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I have a Nook. I like it better than my bro-in-law's Kindle. Too many buttons on the Kindle...

If you want something for newspapers or books--get an eReader like the Kindle, Nook, or Sony eReader.

If you want to play with e-mail, play games, surf the net, etc...get an iPad or Android tablet.

The reason why I say this is because reading from a dedicated eReader such as the Kindle feels as if you are reading from paper because they use a technology called eInk or EPD (electronic paper display). There is no backlight that strains your eyes and you can read for hours without taking a break. The one con of ereaders I would say is that there is no color, just grayscale.

And yes, some eReaders do have wireless internet access.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Thank you, brother. I didn't give a thought to the back lighting. I dig the idea of the e-book platform. Just download a book and go.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
My daughter loves her Kindle,but says don't waste money on the 3G. Why pay $40/mo when you can download from any wi-fi network? The Kindle is $40 cheaper without 3G and no mothly fee.

As for Rummy, love him or hate him, he was in the middle of a lot of interesting history. But I'll read it with a grain of salt since he is trying to polish his image for history,

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Thank you, brother. I didn't give a thought to the back lighting. I dig the idea of the e-book platform. Just download a book and go.
Yea me too, most of our textbooks are now in e-book format. No more carrying around 80 lbs worth of books. If you want more information, click here. And I agree with Tex in that 3G or 4G is a complete waste of money for an eReader, not for an iPad or Android tablet though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've got the Kindle 3g. There is no monthly fee on that, as you cannot browse the web, only download from Amazon.
I shut the 3g off when just reading as it makes the battery charge last longer.

I love the Kindle, before buying something else, look at the screens as the Kindle is the easiest to read.

Also, look at the cover that has a light. My wife had one before getting me mine for Christmas.

It works perfectly for my needs.

·
Registered
358 Posts
my wife just corrected me. The only time you get billed an extra monthly charge on the 3g kindle is if you browse throught it. I have only used the 3g to purchase books, therefore no monthly 3g charge.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
My Fiance will get this on her kindle for sure. She loves Rummy, me on the other hand....

We both like our kindles. We have them linked to the same account and neither of us have the 3g. I download at home and take the kindle to go. If I want to surf the web I have a cell phone. The screen on the kindle is the easiest on the eyes and the ink technology allows for a long battery life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts