• Yokohama AVS

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me of they have tried the Yokohama AVS Sport Run Flats. I am trying to choose between the Goodyear EMT (Original Tires) or the AVS. Its for a 2001 C5. They cost the same so there is no significant issue there, want to know what handles the best and will last longer. Any comments or recommendations will be appreciated. Want to continue with the runs flats. Less worries. Thanks

:thumbsup: :partyon:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I can't help with the Yokohama question but I can tell you that the Firestone Firehawk run flat is a great choice too. Comparatively quieter that the GY and a smoother (softer?) ride.
Used them on the 00 coupe I had. Price was almost the same.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You owe it to yourself to check the Michlen Pilot ZP's they are fantastic.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I couldn't vote because you didn't include the Firestone Firehawks .. Firestone Firehawk run flat is a great choice, you should look at them .. I'm on my second set & have had great results on the street & racing.

:buhbye:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
Have the GY EMT only because they are originals and don't need replacing yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Whichever ones you decide to buy, check out TireRack.com for pricing.

Only have about 1200 miles on my new O4 coupe with the GY EMT and they suck. :spanked:

Been looking at several different replacements, both runflats and non-runflats and still trying to decide. I checked pricing from GY, Firestone, and several others then checked the TireRack site. UNREAL -- TireRack beat the tire dealer prices by almost 50%!:excited: :excited: :excited: Installation, etc., at the local tire stores (GY, Firestone, etc.) only runs about $80 for the set.

The tire manufactures' homepages will show you local dealers that can install your new tires and will even show you which will install runflats. :cheers: :cheers:

Sorry if this is more information than you needed but we all need new tires eventually so it's good to know you have alternatives.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i have the original run-craps myself,they are the all time worst tire for traction at the track,old bias-plys hook better than these tires.
im going with non-run flats when the time comes.iv'e heard great things about Firestone and Michelin,if i was to stay with the run-flats,i would probably try the Michelin....:smokin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts