Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wanting to step up my runner tubes, but don't want to change the lower intake. Anybody tested different ones that could give me some input that would help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm wanting to step up my runner tubes, but don't want to change the lower intake. Anybody tested different ones that could give me some input would help.
I believe the general consensus is that you won't see nearly the full potential of the runners unless you do the base as well. I'm going to be doing a ported plenum, AS&M runners, and edelbrock 3860 base this year - any reason you don't want to do the intake?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I agree with racsluos. From what I've heard, those are the parts to use.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the general consensus is that you won't see nearly the full potential of the runners unless you do the base as well. I'm going to be doing a ported plenum, AS&M runners, and edelbrock 3860 base this year - any reason you don't want to do the intake?
Just really didn't want to go that far. I've already been all through my motor, and can change out the runners in no time, but didn't want to take the time to pull the rest of the **** back off. I'm not racing my car so I'm not worried about getting the most hp out of my motor I can get, just trying to make it beathe a little better, and change the looks a little.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just really didn't want to go that far. I've already been all through my motor, and can change out the runners in no time, but didn't want to take the time to pull the rest of the **** back off. I'm not racing my car so I'm not worried about getting the most hp out of my motor I can get, just trying to make it beathe a little better, and change the looks a little.
Definitely a lot easier to change just the runners, and if you don't mind breathing only a little better for a decent chunk of change, most people will recommend the AS&Ms or TPiS(which are AS&Ms anyways I think). Problem is, as someone like rel3rd will tell you, they may have stopped making them for a while due to manufacturing/casting issues. Got mine used for a decent price. Another option is SLP which I would have considered if I didn't want to retain the "stock runner" look.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely a lot easier to change just the runners, and if you don't mind breathing only a little better for a decent chunk of change, most people will recommend the AS&Ms or TPiS(which are AS&Ms anyways I think). Problem is, as someone like rel3rd will tell you, they may have stopped making them for a while due to manufacturing/casting issues. Got mine used for a decent price. Another option is SLP which I would have considered if I didn't want to retain the "stock runner" look.
I really wanted to get away from the stock look anyways. I like the looks of the siamesed runners. I thought about edelbrocks to match my valve covers, but I like SLPS also. Never seen AS&Ms. Tried to find them on the net last night but wasn't able too. I show my car more than I race it. But I still like having enough power to play when I want to. Gonna do a supercharger eventually, might consider the lower intake then.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts