Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 4 rear ZO6 rims with Kumho V710's. All I need now for racing is a number on the side, that's it. I'm working one of the turns this weekend. It's the 4 hours of Pacific Raceway enurance race.

I'll be racing soon.:thumbsup:

Jr.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Lets be getting that number on that thing. Even with my set back on passing my physical I still my be passing you some day...

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lets be getting that number on that thing. Even with my set back on passing my physical I still my be passing you some day...
There's no maybe's about it. You will pass me. I'm looking forward to it.:thumbsup: I can't wait to share the race track with you again.

Jr.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's hard to tell in the pics, but it doesn't look like you have any camber on the fronts. What kind of alignment are you running? I'm really curious to know how well the V710s hold up under race conditions, keep us posted! I use them for auto-x and they've been awesome!

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Hope you are feeling better Ivan, take it one day at a time. Glad to see you back and posting.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Seems like that square set up is the trick on C5s. See it a lot. let us know how it feels compared to the staggered one.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's hard to tell in the pics, but it doesn't look like you have any camber on the fronts. What kind of alignment are you running? I'm really curious to know how well the V710s hold up under race conditions, keep us posted! I use them for auto-x and they've been awesome!
I had a 4 wheel competition alignment check and adjustment. I also had it cornered balance and ride height adjustment.

The left front camber

Now

-1.8 deg

Before

-0.4 deg

The right front camber

Now

-1.8 deg

Before

-0.6 deg

The weight of each corner with a 160 pounds in the driver's seat is.

Driver's side front is 894 pounds
Passenger's side front is 873 pounds
Driver side rear is 793 pounds
Passenger's side rear is 753 pounds

The car empty without the 160 pounds of weight in the driver's seat is 3153 pounds.

Jr.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seems like that square set up is the trick on C5s. See it a lot. let us know how it feels compared to the staggered one.
All the kid's are doing it.:laughing:

Jr.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lookin' good... but let's rattle can those wheels!

I'm just finishing painting the cage. It's turning out looking really good.:partyon:

Jr.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I use 275s on all corners. Turn in is really nice and can be loose so you do have to stay on top of it. Once the car takes a set, it feels fine. I personally prefer a looser car, so it works well for me, but if you're not prepared for it, or don't like it, i would keep the staggered width setup.

And yes, i drive with traction and stability control turned off when i'm on track. I just don't like the corrections the system makes on it's own. That makes me more skittish than just turning it off does. haha.

I had a 4 wheel competition alignment check and adjustment. I also had it cornered balance and ride height adjustment.

Jr.
Sweet! I like those camber numbers. I still haven't done anything with the camber on my Corvette, it's still rocking a street alignment. I ran my Camaro with -2.1* degrees both sides, zero toe and +4.3* caster. It felt great.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ran my Camaro with -2.1* degrees both sides, zero toe and +4.3* caster. It felt great.

I have 7.5 deg of Caster on the driver's side front and 7.2 on the passenger's side. I'm zero toe too.

The next thing other than a new motor if this one goes, is to work on the suspension. That might be done next year. Right now I'm on "if it breaks, then I'll upgrade".

My first track day will be this Monday. It looks like rain. Won't be able to use my new wheels. I'm ok with that. I like my first few trackdays to be wet and slippery.

Jr.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
how's your season shaping up?

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
So I assume this means you could run the stock C5 size rears on all four corners too, right? Always wondered if they would fit that way...

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how's your season shaping up?
Well it is just starting. I had a fuel problem with the gas tanks and missed a paid track day.There was gas leaking. The car then spent three weeks in the shop. We thought that it might have been the cross over tube or the fuel tanks melted during the cage build. But nothing. A gremlin that the shop couldn't duplicate. The car is safe and ready to race this weekend. I have been issued number 342 and the numbers have been ordered. They should be here Wednesday.

My first race will be this weekend. I have a test and tune on Friday and then the Novice group runs on Sunday. I just hope the car doesn't break. It's a little stressful to go so far to have a small mechanical failure. I just have a few more items on the list and I'm ready. My shop wants me to pit next to them so they can help me out. This is going to be fun.

My only other worry is getting some sleep the night before.

Jr.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I assume this means you could run the stock C5 size rears on all four corners too, right? Always wondered if they would fit that way...
Yep, I am going to run rain tires in stock C5 size.

Jr.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts