Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what going on it started running funny like a choochoo ..no lights on dash sayin anything wrong ..i check all the vacuums ..my next thing is to check the fuel presure I have the gage and hooked it up to the fuel rail not sure if I did it rite ..Does anybody know step by step how to check the pressure and what it suppost to be set at ?? and why would it start running funny and I havn't changed anything ??? Thanks Bobby

·
DC Crew
4,825 Posts
Bobby,

I don't get it...what do you mean by it's running like a choochoo?

·
Registered
724 Posts
My guage just screws onto the shrader valve on the fuel rail. Just attach the guage and turn on the key without starting it. If it is the first time it has been turned on for that day, you might want to cycle the switch on and off a couple times to make sure it has all the pressure it is going to give you.(wait 10 seconds in between cycles so the fuel pump will energize each time) Then look at the guage. A normal system, with the stock regulator, should be about 38 psi of fuel pressure. If it is lower, you have a problem. When you start the engine, the pressure should drop 3-10 psi while idling. If you rapidly open the throttle, the guage should jump up about ten lbs at first and then drop back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts