Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the quick details...

I was driving with the A/C on yesterday and dropped a friend off to pick up a rental car. I had my Vette in park, still running, with the A/C on. I had to get out so, I turned my Vette off and was back in it within 5 minutes MAX!

I turn it back on and turn off the A/C right away and rolled the windows down. When I turned it back on, it was running/idling VERY rough like the fuel mixture was way too rich.

I drove back to base, about 4 miles, and parked it for the night. Got up this morning and it's still running very rough... it's been like this all day now. Some surging and piss poor performance.

Any ideas?

I'm waiting for the motor to cool down and I'll be checking the plug wires along with disconnecting the battery to reset the ECM.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
ChiMan said:
Was there any codes? Fouled plug?
ditto,pull the codes.make sure all the connectors are snug under the hood,TPS,etc...could be a lot of things at this point,please get the codes.:smokin:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Same thing happened to me about a month ago, turned out it was just a plug wire that fell off. :) Hope thats all it is in your case. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Opti may be taking a crap on you, hope its something simple

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my plug wires was resting on my drivers side header (cyl. 1) and burned through the insulation.

That will do it every time... off to SummitRacing.com to order some new wires. I may as well order a few other things I've had my eye on. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your input guys!!:partyon:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
good deal........on with the weekend:thumbsup: :smokin:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hawaii-5-lo said:
good deal........on with the weekend:thumbsup: :smokin:
Kind of... I was supposed to go racing tomorrow. I'm going to really limit my driving until I can new the new wires in. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts