Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the other Ca guys can i get any with muffler eliminators.

I runnning headers with 3 inch colletors I planning to having installed 3 inch Y pipe to a new High Flow 3 way cat.

Or should I run a smaller Y pipe Size 2 3/4 Or 2 1/2 Y pipe the cat inlet is 3 inch.

Dropped down to 2/14 pipe can I get away with muffler eliminators LT-1 tips with out every cop around pulling me over for to much noise.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't think you'll have a noise prob from the cops. Maybe a smog prob if you have to smog the vette in you area. Some smog shops in Ca. say you have to have a muffler to pass the visual part even if your burning clean enough. I still have my cats (for now) and jumped the gun a bit by cutting my mufflers off before I ordered my muffler elimiantors. Sounds way better and cops don't give a second look. Lucky for me I have no smog requierments in this part of Ca. :thumbsup:

I also have a Rat Rod that is headers and just PIPE! Loud, YEA. But still no prob from any cops. Most Harleys are way louder

·
Registered
386 Posts
I used to run Open Longtube headers on my 97z28. Never had any probs with the 5-0, I would imagine they focus more on busting rice.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I used to run Open Longtube headers on my 97z28. Never had any probs with the 5-0, I would imagine they focus more on busting rice.
That's some funny shitt Right there

Because that's what the cop told me lol

He said I ain't looking for you:nuts:

I'm looking more for ricers

·
Registered
386 Posts
Ive had good luck with cops being in domestic sports and muscle cars, I got pulled by CHP one time for going fast, he says nice car, you always drive this fast? And me being honest i says, yeah, he then tells me to slow her down, be careful and have a good day lol... i was thinking to myself "DAMN let off by a CHP?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts