Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone besides myself that admire the 3rd gen TT? How could you not enjoy 0-60 in 4.9 sec, light, nimble and able to out corner almost any production car then and now. :nuts:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
NoVette4Me said:
Is there anyone besides myself that admire the 3rd gen TT? How could you not enjoy 0-60 in 4.9 sec, light, nimble and able to out corner almost any production car then and now. :nuts:
For those that don't regularly absorb RX-7 info.... what exactly is a 3rd gen TT? Any pics... or factory specs?

0-60 in 4.9 makes for some fun stop-light racing.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Re: Re: RX-7... Japanese Muscle Car

Patrick96LT4 said:
For those that don't regularly absorb RX-7 info.... what exactly is a 3rd gen TT? Any pics... or factory specs?

0-60 in 4.9 makes for some fun stop-light racing.:thumbsup:
I imagine it's the last iteration of the RX-7 with a twin turbo set up.
I've always like those 3rd gen cars. Too bad they're not available anymore. Also, I've often thought they took some design cues from the C2.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
o to 60 in 4.9 are c5 numbers,theres a guy on that web site i listed above that has something rx,and it has a rx-8 or something like that,kit on it.and they have an 1100hp supra in the club.tried to get him and no-mercy to race but didnt happen.watch out Colorado,no-mercy(Bill)has moved there and brought the 9 second zo6 with him.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
bkuper said:
what's a stock C5 do 0-60 in?
i posted it right above your reply .i believe its 4.9,been a while,ditch the run flat tires and that number goes down to about 4.5,maybe a tad more.im curious to see what the rest of the run for the RX,we know the c5 starts screamin after 60mph.
hey NoVette4Me,do you have any pictures?motor also:stick: whats 1/4 mile,top-speed etc...

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
BAD civic said:
coupe is 13.2
you mean 1/4 mile right?theres some guys touch 12s with stock coupes,depends on the track.our track sucks **** big-time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
you mean 1/4 mile right?theres some guys touch 12s with stock coupes,depends on the track.our track sucks **** big-time.
oh yea i read it wrong i thought you were asking quarter mile, hmmm hitting 12's in a stock c5? iv never driven one and i havent seen one run 12's yet but if you say so

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
BAD civic said:
oh yea i read it wrong i thought you were asking quarter mile, hmmm hitting 12's in a stock c5? iv never driven one and i havent seen one run 12's yet but if you say so
like i said,not on our track.but english town and another track on the east coast is were there doing this,stock zo6s are hittin 11.78 on the same tracks.1999'FRC 12.66 stock,and on raod and track t.v. or whatever its called,took the 50th annv car(stock)down 13.0 @ 113.thats with run flats.60ft times 2.2.but every track is different so take it for what its worth.roll starts are killer for c5s.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
BAD civic said:
i live 45 minutes from englishtown, guess i have to start going more often, thanks hawaii 5, i love hawaii :partyon:
you lucky dog you,i hear the lines can get long,but thats the price you pay to run on a good track,ever run your 85 before?

·
Registered
34 Posts
i havent run there yet, but i hear good things all my friends love cars, drag racing and stuff, thats who i got into it, im working on my car right now so i might not be able to run it until next summer, my cousin has a typhoon and he went for a couple times, wow man i think his truck is faster than my car in terms of drag racing no joke, thanks for pumping me up, i cant wait to go:cheers:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
a guy in a club out here has a Syclone,runs mid-13s and gives me a run for my money,his all wheel drive rocket jumps way out on me(like racing a car with slicks)then right before the end i go by and barely win.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
i posted it right above your reply .i believe its 4.9,been a while,ditch the run flat tires and that number goes down to about 4.5,maybe a tad more.im curious to see what the rest of the run for the RX,we know the c5 starts screamin after 60mph.
hey NoVette4Me,do you have any pictures?motor also:stick: whats 1/4 mile,top-speed etc...

Todd we must have been typing at exactly the same time! Thanks, I had a feeling the STOCK C5 would still be able to take the RX-7 :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
BAD civic said:
ZR_Don from here is turning 12.60's in his stock 1990 ZR1 (385HP)

I turned 12.7x's in my bone stock 96 LT4 car, at least 50 times I turned somewhere in the 12's. On a hot or sticky night, 13.0-13.5....

I've seen many stock C5's hitting high 12's when they ditch the run flat tires. Those things suck!!!

There are several stock 405HP Z06's running high-11's with a ET drag slicks. Tons of folks are running 12.0-12.4 on street tires.

:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
a guy in a club out here has a Syclone,runs mid-13s and gives me a run for my money,his all wheel drive rocket jumps way out on me(like racing a car with slicks)then right before the end i go by and barely win.
There was a guy up at "the grove" running inconsistent times (he said it was normal for that truck). On the same night, his worst time was 13.6, his best time was 12.65. Frickin crazy! That thing launched like a frog!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hawaii-5-lo said:
I'll have to dig up some pics and post some time and info links for you guys to check out.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
if you can find it,post both regular RX-7 and the twin turbo times.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts