Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gallons of whiskey spills onto road after semi hauling $400K of Jack Daniel's overturns

By: Caroline Sutton

Posted at 8:53 PM, Nov 18, 2021

and last updated 8:53 PM, Nov 18, 2021

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (WTVF) — They say don't cry over spilled milk, but what about whiskey?
Murfreesboro police said gallons of Jack Daniel's whiskey spilled onto a road in a crash on Wednesday.

FEfwV6NXMAYdsDi.jpg

Murfreesboro Police Department

A semi truck hauling $400,000 worth of the liquor overturned when the load shifted as the driver was making a left turn onto Interstate 24 from S. Church Street.
Fortunately, the driver was not hurt.

·
Super Moderator
1,451 Posts
No, insurance will step in and load has to be destroyed. Fear of contamination seen it happen before. Land fill drive over it with end loader.
Maybe. I've also seen some containerized goods damaged (including food products) and some that were not, salvaged, repackaged and sold.
Depends on owner's policy with insurance company and regs/ordinances with respect to the commodity/product.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know of load of Budweiser that turned over and what was not picked up off the side of the road was destroyed. U should have seen the 4 wheelers stuffing that bud in the trunks of their cars. One guy passed me five or six miles down the road in a ranger and the bumper was dragging the pavement he had a big load of bud. Party time!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Won't lie Torch...When I read the subject before opening, my heart sank...I was thinking maybe something happened to you or your ride.

Sucks for the trucker, not a Jack fan myself...but still not the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts