Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the headliner on my 85 vette is starting to sag down. what is the best way to go about fixing this ? thx guys

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,567 Posts
I'm not familiar with the head liner in a C4. Is it like other cars and truck that have a fiber board with a fuzzy head liner glued to it?

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I just removed my headliner all together when it started to sag. I was going to fix it so I remember some of the repair steps but I don't remember the whole thing.

You'll have to remove the headliner. Mine was glued to the top so I had to be careful not to bend the headliner board. It came out pretty easy using a screwdriver. Next, you'll have to scrape the old foam off the headiner board.

I really don't remember the rest of it but you'll have to soak the cleaned headliner board w/ adhesive and put on only 1/2 the cloth so you can line it up right, then finish the other side. To put it back on the targa you can use velcro strips or use more glue, I'd use the velcro.

It goes something like that. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did mine myself. I took it all apart, went down to home depot and got some foam (about 1/8") and some spray glue. I cut the foam to match the cardboard headliner part, glued it to the cardboard, then I glued to felt back on the foam. Looks like new and it feels good to. It took about 2 hours.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx for the help guys :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts