Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got out to the roadcourse yesterday. The weather was awesome, (85 and sunny) and the car ran GREAT! A Big Thank You to Cuningham Motorsports for a spot on Dyno Tune.

Here's a few tripple angle HD videos from the day:

Go HD 720 or 1080 and full screen for best viewing:

Enjoy!
:cheers:
JB

·
Registered
649 Posts
Great Video's

·
Registered
206 Posts
:thumbsup:Great Run. The video setup is sweet too. I notice you let off in the straight prior to the banked turn at the top of the track, running around 140-150 mph, is this due to the tires, not able to hold at more than that safely?

·
Registered
350 Posts
looks fast, sounds great and nice job smoking a whole bunch of other cars

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:thumbsup:Great Run. The video setup is sweet too. I notice you let off in the straight prior to the banked turn at the top of the track, running around 140-150 mph, is this due to the tires, not able to hold at more than that safely?

Thanks again Guys!!!:cheers::cheers:

I forgot to move my hairy arm out of the way of the speedo cam. I actually hit between 155-160 MPH on the main straight. This is just my backup car, and driving it home in one piece is always my main goal at the track. Yes, I lifted before the big banked turn. I'm just not willing to go through it much more then 125 MPH...

While I do run Toyo R888s, I drive to and from the track in them, and they are my all around street tire as well.

Thanks!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very smooth clean driving. I have seen a C5 Z lose a a rear tire in a banked turn like this at 135-145 at TMS killing the passenger and severely injuring the pro driver. The car was well built for the speed, the tire just gave way spinning them up into the wall at 120+ mph. Didnt look as severe as it really was from my perspective on the ground.

Keep them coming, nice editing and clean, smooth, safe runs.
Your street car performs amazingly.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Thanks so much for sharing. I've always been into drag racing, but that road course looks awesome. Maybe I'll give it a try some day. BTW, nice driving.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice driving!

Here is a link to an older video on the Ca Speedway Roval, by a guy racing a lightened NSX, with big brakes and some other mods. This was kind of a "run what ya brung" event, where there was a former Trans Am Mustang, a Viper with a lightweight hood and Stop Techs, etc. A real mishmash of apples and oranges. Its a big file, takes a while to load. About 10 minutes of ballz out racing.

Thought you might be interested?

Qualifying race:
http://www.nsxfiles.com/cs_pulp2_dearing.wmv

Race:
http://www.nsxfiles.com/cs_pulp2.wmv

Interesting that at about 4:53 in the race, you can see he's pulling about .78 lateral Gs, at about 149 mph, through the big banked left turn, coming off the front straight. On flat turns, he pulls anywhere from .8 Gs to 1 G, but on the high banking he only pulls in the neighborhood of less than .8 Gs, sometimes a good bit less. Initial reaction is that the driver is lifting, because of the intimidation factor of the high banked turn, and the unforgiving retainer wall looming to rudely greet you if there is a spin. But there is also the downward Gs, not shown in the telemetry, that also loads the tires, and this increases the drivers' sense of speed as well. Regardless, it seems likely that the NSX could stick at higher Gs, as yet unexplored by the pilotti.

I had a left rear tire go flat through that turn. Luckily, the inside tire is lightly loaded, and I didnt lose control. If it was the outside rear, it wouldnt have been too pretty. :surprised

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I got out to the roadcourse yesterday. The weather was awesome, (85 and sunny) and the car ran GREAT! A Big Thank You to Cuningham Motorsports for a spot on Dyno Tune.

Enjoy!
:cheers:
JB
I really enjoyed that!

Thank you for posting them. :buhbye:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very smooth clean driving. I have seen a C5 Z lose a a rear tire in a banked turn like this at 135-145 at TMS killing the passenger and severely injuring the pro driver. The car was well built for the speed, the tire just gave way spinning them up into the wall at 120+ mph. Didnt look as severe as it really was from my perspective on the ground.

Keep them coming, nice editing and clean, smooth, safe runs.
Your street car performs amazingly.:thumbsup:
I hear ya on the wall stuff...

Thanks for your input.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks so much for sharing. I've always been into drag racing, but that road course looks awesome. Maybe I'll give it a try some day. BTW, nice driving.
I lean more toward canyon running and roading racing, but like to hit the drags as well once in a while.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice driving!

Here is a link to an older video on the Ca Speedway Roval, by a guy racing a lightened NSX, with big brakes and some other mods. This was kind of a "run what ya brung" event, where there was a former Trans Am Mustang, a Viper with a lightweight hood and Stop Techs, etc. A real mishmash of apples and oranges. Its a big file, takes a while to load. About 10 minutes of ballz out racing.

Thought you might be interested?

Qualifying race:
http://www.nsxfiles.com/cs_pulp2_dearing.wmv

Race:
http://www.nsxfiles.com/cs_pulp2.wmv

Interesting that at about 4:53 in the race, you can see he's pulling about .78 lateral Gs, at about 149 mph, through the big banked left turn, coming off the front straight. On flat turns, he pulls anywhere from .8 Gs to 1 G, but on the high banking he only pulls in the neighborhood of less than .8 Gs, sometimes a good bit less. Initial reaction is that the driver is lifting, because of the intimidation factor of the high banked turn, and the unforgiving retainer wall looming to rudely greet you if there is a spin. But there is also the downward Gs, not shown in the telemetry, that also loads the tires, and this increases the drivers' sense of speed as well. Regardless, it seems likely that the NSX could stick at higher Gs, as yet unexplored by the pilotti.

I had a left rear tire go flat through that turn. Luckily, the inside tire is lightly loaded, and I didnt lose control. If it was the outside rear, it wouldnt have been too pretty. :surprised

I just watched that race, good stuff!!!:partyon:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts