Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing is better than a house that smells like fresh home made pasta sauce. Grandma would be proud.

So, I know my Italian family actually argues about how sauce is made...How do you do yours?

Anda firs a wonna youz guys whoz sayez "open a cana Ragu" I slapa youz face...capeesh? :laughing:

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Simple:

*beep**beep**beep* - *beep**beep**beep* - *beep**beep**beep**beep*

"Hello, Olive Garden?"

:huh:

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Olive Garden is overratted. :rolleyes:

I don't make my own sauce. I get it from my Italian Mother In Law. :D

Yummy stuff. :partyon:
:agree: Saying Olive Garden is good Italian food is like saying Long John Silvers is good seafood. :down:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
:rolling: Mom???
Hey hey, watch it with that "mom" stuff buster :laughing:

Lets just say its the perfect mix of freshly crushed tomato's, paste, water, olive oil, spices (nope, not tellin, lol) sausage (for flavor), meatballs and minimum 3 1/2 hours of simmer time (add a little sugar for pizza sauce :thumbsup: )

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You mean gravy? No self respecting Italian calls it sauce.
OMG....Pisan, you are RIGHT!! I stopped calling it that LONG ago because people look at you like you're nuts down here...

Try ordering a "pie"....or heaven forbid you pronounce some of the foods the right way on a menu...you'll never get what you asked for. :thud:

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey hey, watch it with that "mom" stuff buster :laughing:

Lets just say its the perfect mix of freshly crushed tomato's, paste, water, olive oil, spices (nope, not tellin, lol) sausage (for flavor), meatballs and minimum 3 1/2 hours of simmer time (add a little sugar for pizza sauce :thumbsup: )
Thats very similar to mine :thumbsup: ...now here's the kicker...My dad, sister and I HATED fresh GRAVY...but freeze and it and reheat it the next day....mmmmmmmmmmmm....thats some tasty stuff.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Thats very similar to mine :thumbsup: ...now here's the kicker...My dad, sister and I HATED fresh GRAVY...but freeze and it and reheat it the next day....mmmmmmmmmmmm....thats some tasty stuff.
:agree:

Freezing it breaks the cell structures in the food, releasing the captured flavors. Works great with red gravies. Not as well with whites.

Also works great in winemaking. Freeze the base stock before primary fermentation.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I usually stand near the pot with a loaf of italian bread while its cooking - odd that I'm usually not hungry by the time is done :huh: :laughing: Love the way the house smells all day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
:agree:

Freezing it breaks the cell structures in the food, releasing the captured flavors. Works great with red gravies. Not as well with whites.

Also works great in winemaking. Freeze the base stock before primary fermentation.

:thumbsup:
I am available for wine sampling next time you make it :D

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I usually stand near the pot with a loaf of italian bread while its cooking - odd that I'm usually not hungry by the time is done :huh: :laughing: Love the way the house smells all day :thumbsup:
Ugh....another thing you can't get down here....good Italian bread to make a "wedge" with. :bang

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I am available for wine sampling next time you make it :D
I really should get a few shipping containers. So many people like my stuff.

I'll be starting a pinot grigio next week. I want it ready by X-mas. It takes 2 months to do right.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I really should get a few shipping containers. So many people like my stuff.

I'll be starting a pinot grigio next week. I want it ready by X-mas. It takes 2 months to do right.
How did you ever make out with that insurance you were looking for?

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh we gotta ship you a couple loaves of semolina - can't make a pot of sauce without it!
OH man...that and some real dried sausage...and and and...

When my grandparents would visit from New York, they'd come down with a box of "rations"...my mom would freeze it and it would literally be rationed out...because it had to last until next time she visited. :laughing:

Actually...something that I can't seem to find here is green olives on the branch...not brined, not jarred, not pitted...just green olives...I have my own brine that is AWESOME...but I can't find the olives :huh:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts