Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I have poor impulse control.
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home from work in my lowly C4 when I noticed what looked like a Chrysler 300 from a distance. Taillights didn't match so i thought, ok, either some fool changed his taillights or that's not a Chrysler. Drove up alongside it for a second in the stop and go rush hour traffic. Passed it in the faster lane, still trying to figure out what the thing was. I look in my side view mirror (saw the grill and what looked like a faint outline of hood ornament and thought to myself, "Is that a freakin Rolls Royce?!" Well, I'll be damned if that thing didn't stop right next to me for a good minute. I couldn't stop looking at it. Talk about one of the most flawless damn automobiles I've ever seen, looked brand spanking new. My car was too low so I couldn't see the interior (i could only see the headliner :laughing:) I had my camera in my car but didn't have batteries in it and didn't have time to snap pics with it being rush hour and all, BUT, holy crap, I want one. It was a white one like this:

I want one not because it was the prettiest car I've ever seen, but more for the fact that you can literally buy 50 of my cars for that one Rolls. :smack :thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
They're big cars, to me it looks like the rear is too big and drags around. They're all over in the city, I think I'd prefer to be driven around in a Bentley.

Here's a pic I snapped a few weeks ago... city is full of nice cars!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
A friend of mine bought a 1957 Silver Cloud when I was in college. If you are going to be in the back seat on double date it is great to have your own radio, bar and glasses.

I do not think the new Rolls are the top of the class in land yachts anymore but if you need an ego feed nothing comes close to the flying lady.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I've driven a few Rolls at my job. They are the smoothest, most comfortable automobile I've EVER driven before. It's like your sitting on a cloud while driving. It's one of those cars you should have a chauffeur so you can sit back and relax.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
May sound wierd but cars like Rolls Royces and Bently's don't do much for me.:lookinup:

I'd be just as happy with a nice Caddie, Lincoln, Lexus, Infiniti...whatever and it would be a quarter of the price or less.;)

I'd actually prefer to put my money (if I had that much) in exotics and muscle cars instead of any luxury car.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
889 Posts
May sound wierd but cars like Rolls Royces and Bently's don't do much for me.:lookinup:

I'd be just as happy with a nice Caddie, Lincoln, Lexus, Infiniti...whatever and it would be a quarter of the price or less.;)

I'd actually prefer to put my money (if I had that much) in exotics and muscle cars instead of any luxury car.:thumbsup:
I agree.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If you want to see a city with nice cars, come to Doha. I have seen more high end cars then I can shake a stick at. I have pretty much see every car over 100k here on a regular basis. I even saw the brand new gull wing mercedes a week after it came out. Crazy money in this country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts