Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
But I'm not gonna quit riding just cause I'm more likely to get killed on my bike than in a car. I wanna LIVE my life...not worry about statistics...

Just be careful. We had two motorcycle deaths this weekend in Ft. Worth. Both were experienced middle aged bikers who somehow got in a bind and lost control. Keep alert and wear a helmet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
594 Posts
:laughing:
You keep copy and pasting the same thing! :laughing:
Nearly...but not quite.:laughing:

I just think it's a bit hilarious all the commotion about the SMART cars "lack of safety"...

I can't recall the last time I heard such an outcry over an "unsafe" vehicle...let's see...must have been the Pinto...or maybe the Corvair.

People who buy these cars know what they're getting when they buy them...or they should, if they've done any research at all. If not, they have no one to blame but themselves.

I just don't think everyone's tuning into DC and canceling their orders or purchases of SMART cars because of what they see/read here.

I believe most of them are making adult decisions based on advertised fuel economy. If that's the case, and they're adults...they accept the risks when they take delivery.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Just be careful. We had two motorcycle deaths this weekend in Ft. Worth. Both were experienced middle aged bikers who somehow got in a bind and lost control. Keep alert and wear a helmet. :thumbsup:
Thanks!

I always ride defensively and ALWAYS wear a helmet. I realize (despite my 35+ years of riding experience) mine could be the next death by motorcycle accident. That's the risk I take...there are no guarantees for any of us, despite experience, training, protective equipment, etc.

·
Registered
402 Posts
They let you split lanes again in CA? They stopped that after I left in 1990. It sure made the commute a lot faster when I did it.

:rolling:
I'm not aware that they ever stopped. If so I've been breaking the law all this time and the cops have been ignoring me. Last time I checked the CA vehicle code (a year or so ago) splitting lanes was not prohibited. It is officer's discretion if he wants to pull over a rider for being unsafe.
Cheers.
Roy.

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
Nearly...but not quite.:laughing:

I just think it's a bit hilarious all the commotion about the SMART cars "lack of safety"...

I can't recall the last time I heard such an outcry over an "unsafe" vehicle...let's see...must have been the Pinto...or maybe the Corvair.

People who buy these cars know what they're getting when they buy them...or they should, if they've done any research at all. If not, they have no one to blame but themselves.

I just don't think everyone's tuning into DC and canceling their orders or purchases of SMART cars because of what they see/read here.

I believe most of them are making adult decisions based on advertised fuel economy. If that's the case, and they're adults...they accept the risks when they take delivery.
If that's so, then that means that, as an adult, I can make adult decisions that affect my life like, oh, I don't know, choosing to wear my seatbelt or not?

I always do, hell, half the time my seatbelt is on before I crank the engine but I don't like the fact that Sammy says I HAVE to when operating a motor vehicle yet that guy who just passed by on a motorcycle doesn't have to wear one.

I'm an adult, and can make adult decisions that affect my life, or can I?:huh:

·
Registered
594 Posts
HUH???

Not sure what you're getting at...

I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but are you agreeing with my post or arguing with it somehow???

If I'm reading you correctly, you're comparing buying a car because it's what you want vs a government mandated law/regulation?

Sorry...I don't see the connection...

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
HUH???

Not sure what you're getting at...

I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but are you agreeing with my post or arguing with it somehow???

If I'm reading you correctly, you're comparing buying a car because it's what you want vs a government mandated law/regulation?

Sorry...I don't see the connection...
And that's exactly what they want. They want you so inundated with laws that you can't tell the difference. They want to suffocate you with laws so that you have absolutely NO option!

I remember when you could CHOOSE to wear your seatbelt. I can also remember when you could CHOOSE whether your car had an airbag or not, now they are moving to tire inflation sensors.

I can also remember when you could CHOOSE to run a 200 watt incandescent bulb in your house if you wanted to but, sadly, those days are coming to an end as well.

You USED to be able to speak of whatever you wished during an international phone call or e-mail...

If this truly is the land of the free, then where the hell is all my freedom?

Oh, and I'd take my chances on the bike over the smart car, you can bail off the bike if you need to...:thumbsup:

101 - 107 of 107 Posts