Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am the one with the 87auto code 36 problem. i took good instructions for the quick test and looked down at the burn off wires to see them burn. they did! excellent...... but i still have the 36 code popping up??? the two relays on the firewall behind the batteries have been replaced, that was last weekend and i can feel one tick as the car is turned off.
i do have a multimeter so i can check voltages.
what is the next thing i need to check?:bang
everyones help is very much appreciated.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Refresh my memory.. Code 36 is a MAF error right?

What have you replaced? what else have you checked? How does the car run with the MAF plugged in?

You said good instructions.. Are they from a GM Service Manual?

I have found that sometimes the Connection on the MAF / Harness gets dirty and does not make contact.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, thats right, 36=maf burn off sensor not working.
i have replaced the two relays on the firewall behind the battery and(although probably unrelated) i replaced the knock sensor, drivers side coolant heat sensor, and water pump.
i got the quick check advice from corvette mechanic. they said test for voltage, or, look at burn off wires and see if they glow...... so i did that and they did!
the car drives resonably fine(normal) around town, but when i really it give it some it is fast, but does not feel to its full potential (the benchmark being: when i do the same thing but 'SES' light is not on)
ive repeatedly cleaned and checked connections..... the connections into the firewall also look tight.
i feel im really running out of possible causes.
is it possible the signal of the burnoff is not going back to the computer or something??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts