Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've got the 350 from my 79 sitting around in my side yard (due to LS1 swap) and these engines being so cheap, i was wondering is it worth selling? what kind of power can i squeeze out of it if i do all the work myself?

lets say i have (or will have) a budget of about $1000+-$500? what can i do to it and how much horsepower can i expect? is it worth it?

Im just curious since its sitting around :) trying to figure out if i should keep it or put it up on craigslist with the tons of other parts i'm about to put up (when i get unlazy) :cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,976 Posts
Won't get much for it on Craigslist, $500 maybe? For a grand you won't see a big improvement but you can make it alot nicer to look at. Buy a tunnel ram and two Holley 390's then find a cheap S-10 to stuff it in and you have a $3500 truck.:D

·
Registered
552 Posts
At that budget and compression ratio, exploit it with a used supercharger. That is a dead reliable 350 hp engine with a big block's torque curve if equipped with a weiand/B&M 144 mini blower. They're about a grand used and most models will clear a stock HEI base, so they're truly bolt-on.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Won't get much for it on Craigslist, $500 maybe? For a grand you won't see a big improvement but you can make it alot nicer to look at. Buy a tunnel ram and two Holley 390's then find a cheap S-10 to stuff it in and you have a $3500 truck.:D

:agree: I took on a project for a local Corvette owner. He had a donor 1978 Corvette engine that he wanted to sell to recoup some of the costs of the donor car.

He commissioned me to do a cosmetic rebuild. I checked the engine out, low mileage, and all was well. New timing chain, gaskets, blasted intake and valve covers, and new paint.

The result, went to a gentleman restoring a 1978 Anniversary Edition. I don't even remember the price now but I think it was $600 after freight.

Started with:

Sold him:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
What is the transmission setting in the back ground?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts