Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car will not start! Drove my 09 SC580 Sunday for a short ride about town with my boy and parked her in the garage as usual when finished- ran just fine. Monday drove truck to work so on Tuesday am I was excited to drive her to work. Just one problem- She won't start. cranks and cranks but no go. It has gas and has never had any problems before so very disappointed. What am I missing? what would cause the car to be able to crank but not to catch? Security system? seems to be in park OK, belts seem to be fine- nothing looks out of place- Help needed in Maryland!

·
Registered
23 Posts
An engine needs three things to run. Fuel, spark, and air. No matter how new or old the engine it needs these three things (unless it is electric smartass). You already stated it is getting fuel. How did you check it? Did you pull a plug to see if it is wet? You can also pull a plug and crank it over and see if there is any spark (you will need a helper to do this). My first guesses would be either the fuel pump is shot, or the coil may be bad. Keep doing some diagnostic or get a friend who knows about motors to help you out. Check for codes. Maybe there is another problem. Let us know what you find. Good luck.

Pete

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Pull the Codes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happy again

Thanks for the advice- Went out and tried her today and she roared to life. Took a ten minute spin and she ran great- damnedest thing. I will get to Criswell Chevy in the next week or two to get a once over. Brake are starting to make a little noise and with 20k it's probably time anyways- Happy again in Maryland

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never Fails

It happen again on the way to work- After a tow to the local goodwrench man we found out that the fuel pump was the problem. Strange wiring from Callaway but all worked out in the end. Car is running great no more occasional slight hesitations-Happy again in MD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts