Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Scale Corvette Garage....

81K views 263 replies 57 participants last post by  patcorvet 
#1 ·
Wow, I am so glad I stumbled on to this forum...you are my kinda folks..
I customize die-cast Corvettes almost exculsively..Callaway and racer conversions are my favorite. I will try to start from the beginning and add to the forum one step at a time...I hope you enjoy....and welcome to my garage...

See less See more
#2 ·
It all began in a little house….no not really, but it began 20 years ago. I grew up in a body shop painting cars and went to college to make big bucks so I could afford Corvettes. Well, guess what, I am out of 10 years of higher education and still broke…I do these projects for stress relief. I became hooked on Corvettes at birth and Callaway’s in 1989 when I visited Old Lyme, CT. I then moved to Germany and visited Callaway Competition in 1996 when they were in the Le Mans battles and the development of the C7R racer. I have documented Callaway racing for 12 years and have a library of over 8000 original Callaway and other Corvette racing images. For the last year I have been fabricating Callaway Corvette Z06-R’s for several folks directly related to the FIA GT racing effort. I have completed 5 and am finishing 6 and 7 over the next few months. They begin as a HotWheels Z06 and I canabilize an AutoArt C6R..(gasp..that is a waste you say?..it is ironic that the C6R costs 2-3x the Z06)

#10 ·
And now the rest of the story..Callaway C4 Le Mans (LM)

This bad-boy started life as a Masito Gransport 1996 and evolved over the next 5 years to this. It is not the original, as it was destroyed by accident. Fortunately I had made the mold for the body panels..This car now sits in the collection of the owner of the real life "Frieda" as built by Callaway Competition in 1994....

Here is the Street Version....almost complete..

Oh by the way...here is my Callaway C7R prototype...1/18th scale

#17 ·
What is up on the work bench....

Well, as we speak..Callaway Corvette Z06-R GT3 (#4 silver) is on its way to Leingarten, Germany to Callaway Competiton and Ernst Woehr the 1:1 creator and co-founder fo Callaway Comp. The yellow, #3 is with a noted Corvette author and Callaway supporter. GT3 #5 is 75% complete and going to Koos Pettings, Racing Director for Corvette Europe and finally #6 for a Special Callaway collector in FL. The C6 "Orange Crusher" with the Callaway Supercharger is 99% complete and going to Old Lyme CT in a few weeks. New projects include a special Katech Z06 conversion with a Speed-GT hood among others...Happy holidays...mike

#23 ·
totally unbelievable man. some of those shots look like you're looking at a real car. you're super talented! :thumbsup:

#26 ·
Callaway C16...coming soon

Well, sorry I have been absent for some time but I have been busy. I am in the midst of preparing 32 vettes (yes Virginia-32) for 2 displays for the Corvette Museum C4 gathering the first week of May....Hope to see you folks there. You will be pleased. I won't let the cat out, but before I leave I will post some pics of them....To be included is the new Callaway C16, Fellows Z06 and many Corvette racers in a competition shop display. Here is a pre-view of the C16....mike

#30 ·
Well, sorry I have been absent for some time but I have been busy. I am in the midst of preparing 32 vettes (yes Virginia-32) for 2 displays for the Corvette Museum C4 gathering the first week of May....Hope to see you folks there. You will be pleased. I won't let the cat out, but before I leave I will post some pics of them....To be included is the new Callaway C16, Fellows Z06 and many Corvette racers in a competition shop display. Here is a pre-view of the C16....mike

You are a ammazing crafstmen Im whole sold for this model and thanks for the pressents :thumbsup: :excited: :excited:
have some new callaways added to my collection

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.