Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the email I just recieved, it IS A Scam!!

To: [email protected]
Subject: A message about your ad on DigitalCorvettes.com
From: [email protected] Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
2 17" Eagle F1's non run flat

hello there how are you doing and how is your day ,i saw your advert
placed at digitalcorvettes that you want to sell off your item and i
really need the item urgently for my client and he will be making the
payment rightaway through check drawn from their us bank account,please let
me know the working condition of the item and also the final asking
price and also let me know if there is any ammendation needed to be
made,and also how many miles does the item has,shipping will not pose any
problem my client have his private shipper and they will be coming for the
pick up at your place once your payment is settled ok will you be able
to send the remaining funds on the check to the shipping company
through money gram transfer for the freight booking and shipping
registration?if its ok by you send me your Full name and Address and Phone number
for the check to be mailed out today.

Thanks.
Vivian

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/corvettes-and-parts-for-sale/showproduct.php?product=812

·
Registered
74 Posts
just got one too

just got one too from who ever speaking for their client :lookinup: ... deleted

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go ahead and lead her/him on. It can be a source of entertainment to keep communicating with her/him - make them send you the money 'gram' by FedEx - since it cost them to do so they will be out the FedEx charges,

I do a lot of this to scammers - want to read some funny ideas go to Goggle and look for Scammers - some great sites with stories about how to feck with them :laughing:

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Go ahead and lead her/him on. It can be a source of entertainment to keep communicating with her/him - make them send you the money 'gram' by FedEx - since it cost them to do so they will be out the FedEx charges,

I do a lot of this to scammers - want to read some funny ideas go to Goggle and look for Scammers - some great sites with stories about how to feck with them :laughing:
I like this one :laughing:

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Any time you see the word "item".... red flag. Nobody calls a car an item. I put a Buick Wildcat on Craigslist and got many many of these overseas scams. Trouble is...people out there are gullible enough to fall for it.

I only deal with local people and in person.. money to hand transfer, a hand shake and everyone is happy.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Yeah, I kind of play games with telemarketers too.... I have to be in the right frame of mind though..
Yep, I played with one for the sale of my puppy for a few weeks. Cost them like 50 bucks or so to send me the fake check. AWESOME.

I too, got a scam request for parts last night. lowlifes.

Josh

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Yep, I played with one for the sale of my puppy for a few weeks. Cost them like 50 bucks or so to send me the fake check. AWESOME.

I too, got a scam request for parts last night. lowlifes.

Josh
Maybe more of a lowlife than you think.
Scumbags buy certain dog breeds to get killed when training their pitbulls used in dog fights.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Scumbags buy certain dog breeds to get killed when training their pitbulls used in dog fights.
Anybody who abuses children or animals is walking on the fighting side of me.:nuts:

·
Registered
7 Posts
scam

i sent that guy this reply from another scammer that is selling a 69 camaro rs/ss convertible for $4000. let them scam each other.

I'm glad that you're interested in my car. The car is street legal and accurate. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registred into your name at any time. I am willing to sell it for $4000.This buy now price does include the shipping and insurance fees. I'm located in Baytown TX and the car is here as well and so this is where the car will be shipped from. I've done some research and the best and fastest way I can ship it is using Hemisphere cargo Shipping Ltd which takes between 4 to 6 days to arrive at your door (door to door handling and shipping insurance fee included). I am affiliated with Yahoo! Finance where I have a purchase protection account for $ 10,000.00. This service allows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third party between seller and buyer to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements and provides dispute resolution and mediation between parties. Yahoo! Finance is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements. If this is ok with you please reply with your complete name, address and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that I can open a transaction case at Yahoo! Finance and move forward with this deal.
Thank you,
Karen Davis

·
Registered
740 Posts
I received one of those emails from a subwoofer I was selling on another corvette site a few weeks back. I never even replied to the jerk, but now I'm starting to think I should have messed with him a little...maybe next time;)

·
Registered
7 Posts

this is the reply from the the guy looking to buy my wheels after i send him info from the scammer looking to sell his camaro...

Thanks for your prompt message, i will be maiking the payment as soon as i recieve your Full Name, Address and your contact phone number so i can call you and regarding the shipment i have a shipping company which i used and they are fast in Delivery and there won't be any damages and you will wire the remaining fund through Moneygram Transfer after payment is recieved.

Base on the yahoo Finances you will need to explain better for me about how they are operating. here is my details below.

Vivian Cole
30 Walnut Street,
Newark NJ 07101

i'll forward his address to the post office for mail fraud, being he's using the mail to rip people they will look into it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
True. Atleast those guys could care less about me sending them my dog. They only wanted the money.

Josh

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was selling a set of rims and a guy sent me $4000 in fake postal money orders. I only wanted $800 bucks so he said to send him the change. I took them to the post office and they said in like 2 seconds, yeah they are fake.

He also wanted to use 'moneygram'. And he was also the middle man in the deal. Those scams are everywhere.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
that kind of crap is going around just as the saying goes if you think its too good of a deal usually a scam (BEWARE)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Anybody who abuses children or animals is walking on the fighting side of me.:nuts:
I often put a baby and a hungry kitten in a ring and let them go mano-a-mano. Two mammals enter, one mammal leaves.

You got a problem wit dat? :laughing:

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is the email I just recieved, it IS A Scam!!

To: [email protected]
Subject: A message about your ad on DigitalCorvettes.com
From: [email protected] Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
2 17" Eagle F1's non run flat

hello there how are you doing and how is your day ,i saw your advert
placed at digitalcorvettes that you want to sell off your item and i
really need the item urgently for my client and he will be making the
payment rightaway through check drawn from their us bank account,please let
me know the working condition of the item and also the final asking
price and also let me know if there is any ammendation needed to be
made,and also how many miles does the item has,shipping will not pose any
problem my client have his private shipper and they will be coming for the
pick up at your place once your payment is settled ok will you be able
to send the remaining funds on the check to the shipping company
through money gram transfer for the freight booking and shipping
registration?if its ok by you send me your Full name and Address and Phone number
for the check to be mailed out today.

Thanks.
Vivian

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/corvettes-and-parts-for-sale/showproduct.php?product=812
This is a well known internet scam that WILL burn you. My advice, while it is tempting to play with them a while for the sheer entertainment value) is devote your energies to selling your car to a REAL customer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts