Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get an opinion...

How many of you tune your cars?

What did you pay for the cables and type?

If none of the above, how many would like to learn if the equipment was a good price?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
-=Jeff=- tunes his own Vette and seems to be doing a damn good job. I'm sure he can answer your questions. :D

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
ChiMan said:
Trying to get an opinion...

How many of you tune your cars?

What did you pay for the cables and type?

If none of the above, how many would like to learn if the equipment was a good price?
As Bubblehead mentioned I do my own tuning..

I have Ease Diagnostic for scanning my car (scanning software and Cable) I forgot what I paid.

For changing the PROMs I use Tunercat and have the correct Definition file for several different ECMs.

I have an OLD Needhams PB10 Programming.. it uses and ISA slot and cannot program EEPROMs I got it for $80 then a UV eraser for around $40.

At some point I will upgrade to a Pocket Programmer.

I have not justified the cost of the Tunercat RT or the romulator yet.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the main reason I asked as I am learning too, is I saw some of the prices that people are charging for cables like $95 I am deciding if there is a market for affordable cables that people aren't raped over. I can have anything electronic made, so before you buy a programmer or anything let me know. I have a Atmel programmer that will write many different types of EEPROMs etc...

As far as the Romulator, I was hoping someone had one to take a look at for a couple weeks, I would probably have to buy as it might come back not working....lol

Bottom line as I have been reading and learning I haven't liked the pricing I see people having to pay for the cost of the items it takes to make them.

Anyone else? Agree? Disagree?

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Craig, you "da man"! :cheers:

Thanks much for the links.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts