Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since my links are not working...Here is the story! Some girl (she was pretty hot) in a 3000 gt started messing with me on the highway Saturday. I couldnt help but laughf (I own a stealth & know how fast the 3000 is as they are basicly the same car) but I took the bate...I was toying with her...I let her get a nose ahead & then would walk by her...It was really funny. While we were messing around we fly by a late model z-28 who you guessed it decided to take chase. Once I saw the z28 follow I dropped the hammer & took off from both of them. I looked down & I was well over 140! I got off the next exit (I was headed home) the z-28 followed. Here is where it gets interesting...I drop the hammer out of the hole & so when my car hits second (there was a bump right where it chirped) My car goes sideways! I **** myself! [smash.gif] I thought 4 sure my car was gonna hit the wall! [banghead.gif] I definetly got lucky...I pulled into a plaza up the street & the z-28 came to bs...He couldnt believe I saved the car...I definetly got lucky & I think I will take a break from street racing. I am saving it for the track! [thumbsup.gif] Atleast I retired with a win! [biggrinjester.gif]

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Yea, I generally avoid street racing. But, sometimes my pride gets in the way and I play on the street.... but I always end up wishing I hadn't done it.

Playing with a WS6 on the tollway at 150mph is not bright, considering someone can write down my plates or I could fly past an off duty cop with a cell phone.

Dumb.... dumb... dumb..... :(

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Yea, I generally avoid street racing. But, sometimes my pride gets in the way and I play on the street.... but I always end up wishing I hadn't done it.

Playing with a WS6 on the tollway at 150mph is not bright, considering someone can write down my plates or I could fly past an off duty cop with a cell phone.

Dumb.... dumb... dumb..... :(
Yes but at the time it seems like
Fun....Fun.....Fun....

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
Since my links are not working...Here is the story! Some girl (she was pretty hot) in a 3000 gt started messing with me on the highway Saturday. I couldnt help but laughf (I own a stealth & know how fast the 3000 is as they are basicly the same car) but I took the bate...I was toying with her...I let her get a nose ahead & then would walk by her...It was really funny. While we were messing around we fly by a late model z-28 who you guessed it decided to take chase. Once I saw the z28 follow I dropped the hammer & took off from both of them. I looked down & I was well over 140! I got off the next exit (I was headed home) the z-28 followed. Here is where it gets interesting...I drop the hammer out of the hole & so when my car hits second (there was a bump right where it chirped) My car goes sideways! I **** myself! [smash.gif] I thought 4 sure my car was gonna hit the wall! [banghead.gif] I definetly got lucky...I pulled into a plaza up the street & the z-28 came to bs...He couldnt believe I saved the car...I definetly got lucky & I think I will take a break from street racing. I am saving it for the track! [thumbsup.gif] Atleast I retired with a win! [biggrinjester.gif]

Yep, you were lucky. How long will you remember this tho. :)
When you get caught up in racing, its hard to remember what might have happened at another time. Be careful, we like to see everyone here everyday. :) :)

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
good save,if you were driving anything but a vette,you might have lost it for sure.:smokin:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Glad you saved it that car is to pretty to mess up when screwing around.
No doubt Patrick some times I just get carried away then think What the hell am I doing.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I had a scare like that a couple of weeks ago (now that I think of it I haven't driven the Vette since :surprised ) Except I was racing anybody just driving up a slight incline and the roads were wet and in third gear when the rear started sliding to the right (really quickly) I came off the gas and she snapped back into position but if I left the road there it would not have been pretty!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,554 Posts
It seems like your memory gets real short at times. Glad you won but better that you saved the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts