Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what script "Stingray" is in?

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
This question has been asked for many years over different forums and I have yet to see an answer. I believe it is a custom font. The most similar font I've found is called Vladimir Script in Microsoft Word.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Given when the artwork/script was created I assume that it is the unique culmination of a design process and there was not, nor is there a specific font that it adheres to.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the info, the reason I was curious about it is I am getting ready to buy some Mr Mike's seat covers and I am thinking about doing a custom logo. My license plates are personalized Idaho vette plates with WICKD on them and I am just playing around with ideas. If anybody has seen any fun logos, pass them along to me ;)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I imagine you could use the stingray letters to generate a complete font. There must be an application that could do this.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had this problem at work dealing with an embroidery company. They took my company logo as a JPEG file and digitized it so that it would work in their machine. I paid $50 to have it digitized. (A one time charge)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
There are a bunch of font editors that will do what you want, based on the quick search I did.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I had a friend digitize the Stingray script and embroider it on my front seats on my 73. I have yet to put the seat covers on the car, but I am getting closer to that stage each year...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts