Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to do this from start to finish and keep it as simple as possible. I hope this helps someone that's never tried this before. This was my first time also.

*****On picture #4 it should read 'Pull Up' instead of 'Push Down'. ******

I had fun doing this, and it's not near as bad as you'd think it would be. So if you do yours just jump in and hang on.

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
wow, great write up, bro! :partyon:

the interior is pretty far down my list of improvements, but I'm sure this will give someone the knowledge and guts to tackle their seats :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts
That is an outstanding job bro! :thumbsup:

Nice writeup and pics! :cheers:

DC rocks! :partyon:

I just "stuck" it into the C3 techinal thread group! :D

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Great job. Your interior looks fantastic. :partyon: :partyon:

Lots of fun changing the seat covers...isn't it?? :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Excellent write up. Pictures do a lot when trying to explain things. Good job. :thumbsup: I have a set of suspension seats that I want to cover if I can get them to fit. I haven't tried them yet but they look close.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You did a great job for your first and hopefully i'm sure you'll agree last time.
Don't even try and tell me your hands and forearms weren't sore.
I made motorcycle seats for an old company called Bates Industries and i was always sore trying to pull that tight leather over the frames.
I worked for a summer at my Uncles furniture and mattress factory for house trailers. Always sore then too.
Your pic and descriptions were excellent.
Your seats looked great.
Did you have to replace the acorn nuts because usually when ya pull them off they're to loose to put back on?
Ecklers has them if ya need new ones. I tried to glue that cover and the acorn nuts back on and made a hell of a mess.
Never try to arm wrestle with an upholsterer, you'll lose.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great job! :thumbsup:

Just putting my new seats in and am having a hard time with the attaching the clips to the buckets? the screw driver with the notch works?

Nice job with the pictures also makes it much easier if you can see what some one is explaning..:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
672 Posts
This was a really helpful post. I bought the $12.00 tool from Corvette America and it made the pulling of the wires really easy. HOWEVER, If you plan on re-using cushions, dont get the installation kit unless you have broken wires (the ones in the seat covers) you won't need it, just buy the hog/pig rings. I used zip ties to positon the cover and then hog ringed it to the cusion. I'll post some pics later.

Elmer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts