Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As swap meet season approaches I'm planning on keeping my eyes open for seat replacemetns for my '94 Vette. I have what must be a basic/non-sport seat. They are grey and don't look real good...the drivers side has a small tear where you would put your elbow to push yourself out (LOL) and they look like they may have got wet from someone leaving the Targa top off on accident. Anyway, I want somethign a little more sporty, something that will hold me in the seat a little more and I want something that is stock to a Corvette. So, the question is, what will fit? I'm assuming '84-'96 would fit but that's why I'm asking. Also, what would be the BEST seat to put in the car? Again, assuming here, but I'm guessing if I could find some sort of sport seat out of a '96 that that seat would be best. Will C5 seats fit and work?

On a side note, and I should probably start a new thread, but what Targa tops will fit? All '84-'96?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yes you can do any C-4 seat and you can do C-5 seats but they aren't as supportive as the C-4 seats. As for the top they all fit but the brackets are different so you would have to swap your brackets on to that top or just get a 89-96 top as they are all the same.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can do any C-4 seat and you can do C-5 seats but they aren't as supportive as the C-4 seats. As for the top they all fit but the brackets are different so you would have to swap your brackets on to that top or just get a 89-96 top as they are all the same.
Thanks, great info! I'm surprised the C5 seats fit...maybe I'll do my research on those and see what's out there come swap-meet time. I'm just guessing I may have better luck finding C5 seats than C4 seats.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I put C5 seats in my C4...Love 'em!!

I also removed the power seat adjusters and put in manual sliders...one less thing to break on a C4...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts