Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '92 coupe and have decided to swap in a set of '94-96 seats. The seats that I have are the standard power seats, not the multi-adjustment sport seats.

I have found a set of seats at a salvage yard that are the sport seats.
1. Will the wiring harnesses from the sport seats plug into the harnesses in my car?
2. If I am able to purchase the sport seat controller, is it difficult to swap into the car?
3. If I do install the sport seats and keep the standard controllers will the seats be comfortable? Should I just remove the bladders?

Any help that you can provide would be appreciated.

Also, has anybody used Doc Bailey's Leather Black? What did you think?

Thanks,

Steve Guy
'92 6-sp coupe
Bright Aqua Metallic

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
I have found a set of seats at a salvage yard that are the sport seats.
1. Will the wiring harnesses from the sport seats plug into the harnesses in my car?
yes if you get the sport seat harness and switch there should be an connector on your harness to add the sport seat controls.. the power seat tracks are the same.

2. If I am able to purchase the sport seat controller, is it difficult to swap into the car?
You need to Sport seat switch control to control the Bladders and side bolsters, so I don't understand this question

3. If I do install the sport seats and keep the standard controllers will the seats be comfortable? Should I just remove the bladders?
They should be, but leave the bladders in place, just deflate them and you should be fine

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes if you get the sport seat harness and switch there should be an connector on your harness to add the sport seat controls.. the power seat tracks are the same.

You need to Sport seat switch control to control the Bladders and side bolsters, so I don't understand this question

They should be, but leave the bladders in place, just deflate them and you should be fine

The point of the question was how difficult is it to install the sport seat control unit in the console and to run the additional wiring. I just don't want to have to remove the entire console and parts of the dash or anything like that. Further if I don't get the other control unit how would I deflate the bladders and continue to use my controls? :huh: I ask that with sincerity not with a flippant tone.

thank you again and in advance for the info that you are providing and may continue to provide. :thumbsup:

Steve

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
The point of the question was how difficult is it to install the sport seat control unit in the console and to run the additional wiring. I just don't want to have to remove the entire console and parts of the dash or anything like that. Further if I don't get the other control unit how would I deflate the bladders and continue to use my controls? :huh: I ask that with sincerity not with a flippant tone.

thank you again and in advance for the info that you are providing and may continue to provide. :thumbsup:

Steve
You need to remove the top console pieces to add the wiring. Also you will need to unbolt and flex or remove the side pieces to make the wiring easier. To deflate the bladders, I am pretty sure the pump and tubing os on the seats so just disconnect the bladder lines and they will be deflated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts