Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out sport seats in favor of the simpler standard C4 seat? I have sport seats in my 88 that need recovering and probably new foam. I have an opportunity to pick up some standard 2nd hand C4 seats in nice condition that do not have the electronic switches. Any problem with not hooking up the sport switches? Anyone done this successfully before?:huh:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I would imagine any wiring you will need to do would be minor. Go for it. If you need any wiring info let me know and I'll scan you those pages from my FSM

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Has anyone swapped out sport seats in favor of the simpler standard C4 seat? I have sport seats in my 88 that need recovering and probably new foam. I have an opportunity to pick up some standard 2nd hand C4 seats in nice condition that do not have the electronic switches. Any problem with not hooking up the sport switches? Anyone done this successfully before?:huh:
all you have to do is not hook up the power for the sport portion..

Power tracks are separately connected/powered. Easiest way is to pull the lower cushion off and move it out of the way. find the power coming in to the bottom for the sport functions 2 wire plug and disconnect

then unbolt the 4 13mm bolts holding the seat to the track out and out the seat comes

install new seat, remove bottom cushion, align the 4 holes to the track and reinstall the 4 bolts, then reinstall the cushion and you are done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts