Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read posts here about C5/C6 seats being dropped into C3's, but has anyone tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...e=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1&viewitem=&item=170128684102

Guess I'm concerned about the width more than anything. Here's what they say about dimensions:

- Outer shoulders 22 inches
- Outer lower back 21.5 inches
- Outer seat 21 inches
- Outer floor 18 inches
- Outer adjusting knobs 21 inches

The widest point on my C3 seats (at the hinges) measures about 20 1/2, so I have my doubts. Has anyone been there and done that with these?

kdlp

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
This seat isn't going to work for you.

If you put any miles on the car - your back will appreciate a swap to a OEM style C4/5 seat instead of a racing seat anyway.

The Corbeau A4 will fit - but it is an agressive seat position - hard on long trips and hard to get in and out - but it looks dang cool and doesn't weigh much.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
My '87 vette had the full electric seats in it, and with those supidly narrow side bolsters on the seat portion, it made the thing so totally uncomfortable for anything over 2 hours I hated to drive it even....

I felt a huge releif with my stock '72 seats here....I"m a tall slender guy but my hips are wider than a '87 seat allows,...6'5" and 220 lbs...
I found moving the lower footwell forward about 3" and lowering the brake and gas pedals was a huge improvement for me, I also took out the seat flanges in the back to drop the driver's seat 1.5-2" and took out all the carpet/padding from under the front mounts, lowering it by 1/2 inch
that and a smaller late shark TT wheel/column assy, and it's fine, NOW...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris, I sat in a Corbeau seat at a car show and you're right, they're not for me. There doesn't seem to be much that will fit the narrow space... someone suggested Pontiac Fiero seats but there not a particularly easy find.

Mr. Vette, you sir, are way more ambitious than I. I'm building just a straight sunny day driver and am looking for an improvement (price-wise and looks wise) for the oem seats. I'm not far from your 6' 5"/220 numbers and can appreciate you wanting a little more room.

I think I'm going to keep an eye on the auction sites for some late C5/6 seats. I'm not quite ready for interior work yet anyway so I've got some time to see what might pop up.

kdlp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts