Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find seatbelts to put in my car before i can get it registered. I wanted to find a cheap(er) option than the stock replacements for now, but wasnt sure what i should put in. Does anyone have any suggestions? I believe the law is that if your vehicle came out the factory with shoulder and lap belt you have to put the shoulder and lap in also. Is that correct? Also, I had considered at one time putting in a 4 or 5 point harness, as i could get a nice pair of harnesses for about 200. But then i thought about how i would bolt them down and discovered that the best waywould be to install a shark bar, and those are almost 600. And im not sure if it would be legal on a street car in california. So if anyone could give any suggestions or say what they did with their car, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
My Grandfather cut the 3 point seat belts out of my car because he hated them. He actually changed them to lap belts. (He was from Long Beach) I'm not sure if it was legal or not.
When I got the car I sent my mechanisms to Snake-Oyl products to have them re-web them. It cost 160.

I believe on your year you can use some later model camaro/firebird seat belts. Late 80's??? Those are cheap on Ebay. I picked up a set for a friend of mine, they worked like a charm on his 77. ($20)

You can get a new set from Mid America for $259??

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks jason and mark, the camaro seatbelts seem like the best option for everything, so thats what ill do. ill post some progress when i get that done

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
313 Posts
thanks jason and mark, the camaro seatbelts seem like the best option for everything, so thats what ill do. ill post some progress when i get that done
yep, those belts work great and are a close color match if your interior is med. saddle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts