Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first experience with a corvette. Please help me find the correct mounting location for the belts in my 63 split window.
Since looking at the pictures on this, I am aware of why the odometer has such few miles. They were added 1/4 mile at a time! Thanks :excited: help was given and mounting threads were found under the dirt. $400.00 seatbelts are now installed. What a beautiful car!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Look beside the back end of the seat mounting rails where they bolt to the floor.

The seat belts bolt through the carpet on the verticle part of the floor just up from the seat mounting rails.

If the carpet has been replaced in the car the holes in the carpet may not be there.

If you get underneath the car and look in the area I'm talking about you should find metal re-inforcing plates with weld nuts attached rivetted to the fibreglass floor pan. These are the nuts that the bolts that hold the seat belts screw in to.

:D :D

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,526 Posts
Good info. A word of caution. If you are putting belts in an older car that doesn't have a mounting plate resist the temptation to mount them to the frame. This is a no-no. Always mount them to the body. If you attach them to the frame and have a bad wreck, the body can be moved off the frame which it is supposed to do to help receive the impact. However you would be still fastened to the frame by the belts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Good info. A word of caution. If you are putting belts in an older car that doesn't have a mounting plate resist the temptation to mount them to the frame. This is a no-no. Always mount them to the body. If you attach them to the frame and have a bad wreck, the body can be moved off the frame which it is supposed to do to help receive the impact. However you would be still fastened to the frame by the belts.
Very good info:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts