Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Manufacturer
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a quick shot of our updated coil-overs. We revised the lower mounting cups to save some weight. They are now aluminum and save about 1lb of unsprung mass from each corner. Same great springs and internals, just sexy new mounts.

I don't think there is any old stock anywhere, so all the coil kits purchased from here on out should be this style.

You saw them here first! Still only $1790 for the C6 and C6Z. :partyon:

ciao,
Aaron

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Great Update. I have talked to a couple of shops here in Dallas and both think the PFADT coilovers are the best available.

:cheers:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Where do you end up on the weight front?

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
While we're on the subject; is there a fix for bump steer? I've seen so called kits for sale for the front and rear end. Anyone ever try any of these...Lots of bumpy/ uneven road surfaces on Chicago's area roads. I was on I88 and I355 and even the Eisenhower today and when going over a bump in mid turn it felt like the whole front or rear end would come off the ground and slide over a couple inches! Felt more like a Live/ straight than an Independent rear/ front endl...

·
Supporting Manufacturer
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While we're on the subject; is there a fix for bump steer? I've seen so called kits for sale for the front and rear end. Anyone ever try any of these...Lots of bumpy/ uneven road surfaces on Chicago's area roads. I was on I88 and I355 and even the Eisenhower today and when going over a bump in mid turn it felt like the whole front or rear end would come off the ground and slide over a couple inches! Felt more like a Live/ straight than an Independent rear/ front endl...
Probably more alignment than bump steer. Has the car been lowered? Bump steer is no mystery, if the tie rods are level with the ground, that will give you minimum bump steer. The kits available have some mechanism of leveling the tie rods (usually by lowering the rod at the ball joint). If they make the tie rod level again, that is all you can do. If your car is stock height, the bump steer is pretty good. If it is lowered severely, than it can become an issue. More likely though is that the alignment is just off from lowering. Set the alignment first, then deal with adding a kit. I tend to run my cars pretty low and don't have bump steer kits on any of them. No noticeable problems.

Hope this helps. :D

-Aaron

·
Supporting Manufacturer
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do you end up on the weight front?
They weigh 8 lbs each, the older style weighed 9 lbs. About the same for the rears. That includes springs.

Weigh your leafs sometime, they weigh in at about 25lbs for the set. Add on your shocks and you've got a nice weight savings with coil overs.

-Aaron

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
Probably more alignment than bump steer. Has the car been lowered? Bump steer is no mystery, if the tie rods are level with the ground, that will give you minimum bump steer. The kits available have some mechanism of leveling the tie rods (usually by lowering the rod at the ball joint). If they make the tie rod level again, that is all you can do. If your car is stock height, the bump steer is pretty good. If it is lowered severely, than it can become an issue. More likely though is that the alignment is just off from lowering. Set the alignment first, then deal with adding a kit. I tend to run my cars pretty low and don't have bump steer kits on any of them. No noticeable problems.

Hope this helps. :D

-Aaron
Thanks, the car hasn't been lowered. Maybe I need an alignment... Lots of pot holes after the winter months... some only patched with soft black top mat'l(makes for a very bumpy commute). Short term vs long term fix. Too bad we have to share the roads with big semi trucks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts