Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seeking any infor on D and D,, or where to go for infor an a grand sport body kit,,,or package,,,,I need help.. I have a nane of Jeff Leach,,somewhere in chicago,,,help,,,,please,,,,would be interested in a project, new or old...

T

·
0 Posts
ERA bought D&D's Grand Sport, then didn't produce it.

I sure would like to have a modernized GS Roadster...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Tour18 said:
ERA bought D&D's Grand Sport, then didn't produce it.

I sure would like to have a modernized GS Roadster...
ERA? They are in Meriden Ct....like 15 minutes from me!:excited: I saw alot of GS replicas at Kit Car Carlisle a few years ago....I would go there next spring....I bet you will find everything you are looking for!:)

T

·
0 Posts
OK 84GrandSport. If you go to ERA, you are duty bound to give us a first hand report.

I am particularly interested in the GS Roadster. :partyon:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Tour18 said:
OK 84GrandSport. If you go to ERA, you are duty bound to give us a first hand report.

I am particularly interested in the GS Roadster. :partyon:
I would really like to go & check out ERA....Callaway is also in CT....Maybe I will check out both this winter! If I do I will post about it & definetly ask them about Grand Sport Replicas!:thumbsup:

T

·
0 Posts
Does this help?

Era Replica Automobiles
608 East Main Street
New Britain, Connecticut 06051 U.S.A.
Phil Gaudette
(860) 229-7968 & (860) 224-0253

Remember, you are going to report back to us. And tell them how interested we GS fans are. And that I have a complete C4 chassis (less frame) just waiting for a project...:partyon:

·
Registered
990 Posts
BTW.....the 63 GS replica that was one ebay a while back is back on again. This is a kick ass car built by John Hinley ? and most of the fabbing was done by D & D out of Akron,Ohio. The killer part is there is no reserve on this car as there was before. As I remember, the bidding got pretty steep but did not meet reserve. Check it out item #2439794095, ends on 11/06. Also there is a copy of an article written in 98 about the car but you have to find it in his photos list further down in the listing. Good reading......... I'd Love to have that car:)

ok, went back to look for correct info.......builders name- John Hinckley
race prepped @ West Engineering
New Marlborough,Ma.
article-Vett Mag, Nov. 1997
located now in Great Barrington,Ma.

what do you think 84 Grandsport, any of these places around you ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Tour18 said:
Does this help?

Era Replica Automobiles
608 East Main Street
New Britain, Connecticut 06051 U.S.A.
Phil Gaudette
(860) 229-7968 & (860) 224-0253

Remember, you are going to report back to us. And tell them how interested we GS fans are. And that I have a complete C4 chassis (less frame) just waiting for a project...:partyon:
I called them...They dont do anything Corvette at all!:(

T

·
0 Posts
Well that sucks. D&D built some cool kits, and all ERA has is another Cobra knock off....

So ERA buys the D&D Grand Sport. ERA tells us they are reengineering the BRACKETRY so stand by... Then they kill the hole GS project.

I hope they go broke. ERA sucks.:whip:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
They used to have a whole section on the GS replica. Made a big deal about how they bought D&D and what a sorry job D&D was doing and how much more ENGINEERED their kit was going to be.

They made a few. Ran them at some of the events. And one day, poof, nothing on their site. GS Replica is nonexistent. I'm not real impressed with their antics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts