Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also last week I got an offer for my 74 Big Block Roadster from a guy in my vette club. I bought it in 1976 from my neighbor who bought it for his wife, she didn't like the color so she wouldn't drive it (spoiled brat I figured) well he bought her a 75 yellow roadster with buck skin interior and this one sat for two years with only 16K miles on it. Apparently he didn't mind the color. Well I finally asked if he would sell it to me along with the hard top. I bought the car for $7000 in 1976. Well this last week I finally gave in a sold it to the guy in my club. The car went for $38K, that's what I sold it for, but now have sellers regret as I kind of miss it already. Out of the 9 vette's I have had, I have always kept this one.....maybe a newer C5 (1998 Roaster) would cause this remorse to subside. Anyone else feel like this after letting your baby go after 33 years of owning it???

G-man

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Wow Thats one hell of a profit. Yeah I was thinking the same thing before you wrote it. A C5 vert would help ease the pain

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking but then I get back to maybe an older one again and then I think why? The don't handle that well and they are just as expensive as the one I just sold. I looked at a newer 1998 Dark Blue roadster with my wife and all she had to say is two things, "where are we going to put another one?" and "well, go ahead and get it if you really want it, its your money".........I don't know that much about the C5's anything about the 1998's that are problems?

G-Man

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been thinking of maybe something like a 65 roadster and build it up with my two older boys, we were going to do a 70 SS Chevelle with a 454. I like to do a project car every couple of years as it helps the kids to understand how things go together and what they do, its a good informational past time for understanding how cars work for them, down side is that none of the newer cars are built like the older cars........

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
I have been thinking of maybe something like a 65 roadster and build it up with my two older boys, we were going to do a 70 SS Chevelle with a 454.
make that a '68 to '72 'vette and it'll take away every bit of remorse :devil:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The 38K would ease all of my pain..................:D

·
Registered
745 Posts
With 38000 id be building a sr3 chassis with c5 suspension and motor,4l60 trans with a c2 or c3 vert body.:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts