Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the time has come, my friends. My '82 is up for sale here. I've also posted her on the trader site, but the ad on DC shows a price $1,000 lower. Drop me a note if you are interested.

The good news is, this is the last thing I need to do before I order/buy a new one. Maybe if I can get her sold before summer, I can take a trip to Wisconsin and pay Rick a visit. I stopped by his previous employer last year on my way back from the Detroit Auto Show, but it happened to be a day they were closed. Of course, I would much rather visit Ohio OR Wisconsin in summer, so perhaps this is working out for the best.

It's a shame I can't get another Gold one... Perhaps silver will be the best choice anyway. My wife keeps nudging me toward a silver coupe to match my dad's '86. I keep toying with the idea of a Z06, but don't know if I can justify the cost right now. She also likes the idea of the Z after seeing that Top Gear episode where they took the car from 0-180 in 5th gear alone. I believe her words were "Look honey, I can drive that one! I wouldn't even have to shift." The thought of 505 ponies under her right foot scares me...

·
That creepy old guy
726 Posts
RT,

I can respect your decision, but let’s think about this before you actually follow through with it. You know there are a lot of C6’s out there on the road now and yes they are very impressive to drive. However, there is nothing sexier than an old C3 coming at you. A C3 will turn more heads on any giving day over a C6. My suggestion is keep her!

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RT,

I can respect your decision, but let’s think about this before you actually follow through with it. You know there are a lot of C6’s out there on the road now and yes they are very impressive to drive. However, there is nothing sexier than an old C3 coming at you. A C3 will turn more heads on any giving day over a C6. My suggestion is keep her!
I hear you Curtis, but it took me over two years to remember why I love these cars so much: performance. If I had a fire-breathing early C3, it might be a different story. This one handles better and gets better gas mileage, but unless I swap in an entire drivetrain, I'll never be satisfied with the power.

Let's face it, I think all of us drive these cars for the feeling we get behind the wheel. I can't say I'd be just as happy if the car had great performance, but looked like a Gremlin, but at least I would enjoy the drive more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts