Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am getting ready to sell my 2006 DSOM Z06. It has the 2LZ package with NAV (pretty much loaded) and has about 3600 Miles on it (Sunday driver). I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the best way to determine what the real value is. I've looked online (Kelly Blue Book) which values my car at around 45K and I had a local chevy dealership look at it (Yes, I know they come in low but I was curious) and they said 38K. I have also looked on ebay where there are a few dealers trying to get around 45K for cars just like mine but with more mileage (15K-25K).

The car is in excellent shape with a few very small chips that are very hard to notice. I am the second owner and have taken great care of the car since I bought it two years ago. I live in the Northeast.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to be fair but I also want to obviously get as much as I can for it. My goal is to sell it and start saving for a future used carbon edition.

Thanks!!
Steve

·
Registered
721 Posts
You car according to my NADA book lists for $45,275.00. That is Clean retail. 38,575.00 plus a 6,700.00 add for the low mileage.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I've noticed that KBB is running about 10-15% over what you can actually sell a car for. I believe they are trying to artificially firm up the used car market for a variety of reasons. With the exceptionally low miles on your car, you can probably get a fair price selling it yourself. It is a matter of patience right now - it will sell, but not as quick as you would like. I think the KBB value is fair for that car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for the help!

Obviously I am a little biased since I own the car but it's a great car with a great color and the mileage is very low and it is in great shape and I think it would definitely be in that range.

Any ideas on where the best place to list it is besides locally of course?

Thanks!!
Steve

·
Registered
846 Posts
I bought my 06 last summer, with 7500 miles, for $42K even. I found it on Ebay after a year-long search.

I think you could get $45 from someone with a bad Z06 itch, or if you are willing to wait a little while.

For $43, I think it would sell very quickly.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
If you are selling it around 42K, I think I know someone who would be very interested. He and I were both looking for very low mileage '06 or '07 Z06 in 40~42K range.
(haven't seen many with mileage like yours)
I had to give up when I decided to wait for C7. (my company won some business to supply components to C7, and I said to GM buyer that I would buy a C7 if I won that business. What a good excuse to get one for me... :D )

Anyway, good luck on your sales, and if you decide on pricing, let me know, so I can talk to my friend.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think you are in the ballpark with your price. The low mileage, color and condition are your key selling points. Only 242 Z06's were painted in the Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic.
Good luck with the sale. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts