Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you guys catch his interview this weekend, with Wallace ? I'm starting to like what he has to say, more and more. His plan comes out tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to what he is proposing. 4+ trillion in cuts. I may have a new "presidential hopeful".
---------------------------------------------

Senator Rand Paul, R-Ky., unveiled today his five-year path to a balanced budget, leaving several federal agencies behind. Among the items on the cutting room floor are the Departments of Education, Energy, Commerce and Housing and Urban Development.

“There’s a lot of things in here that everybody could agree to, Republicans and Democrats, but nobody’s leading on the president’s side and on our side we felt we needed to put this forward to get the debate started, at the very least,” the freshman Senator explained at a Capitol Hill press conference this afternoon.

The proposal also calls for the repeal of “Obamacare,” but leaves entitlements untouched.

“There’s an argument for every federal program up here… Nobody’s coming up here asking me for money that’s not for a good reason. But the alternative is that we get into a point of financial disaster where nobody gets any money,” he said.

According to Paul, a Tea Party conservative, the proposal will bring spending to the “historic average since World War II” in just one year. He further claims the budget achieves a $19 billion surplus by FY2016 and will bring all non-military discretionary spending back to FY2008 levels.

Paul’s proposal gained support from freshman Senator Mike Lee, R-Utah, who today challenged anyone who opposes the plan to come up with a better option.

“There may be some in this town who will disagree with the manner in which we’re proposing moving toward a balanced budget over a five year period. That’s fine, that’s understandable, that’s what this town is about... but to those who may disagree with it, to those who might want to attack it. I would ask that they come up with their own five year plan,” he said at the press conference.

As for the sweeping cuts, South Carolina Republican Jim DeMint said balancing the budget requires “letting things go” back to the state level.

“There are functions and departments at the federal level that need to be devolved to the states. Part of balancing the budget is restructuring and devolving federal functions back the states, local communities and people,” he said.

DeMint said he did not agree with “every particular thing in here,” but stressed the importance of balancing the budget.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/20...et-plan-eliminates-four-federal-agencies.html

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I don't care who writes the laws... the people who control the money make the rules.

Good luck to Rand, he is pretty sharp. It will be interesting to see who in the GOP jumps on board..

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From this point forward... don't go pointing at my ideology -or the lefts, anymore. You fooking nut-ball, rabid, libertarian zealots, will and always have, brought about your own demise.

Here you have the first and only viable candidate the carries the exact same message as you nutball, zealots... without the flipping over of police cars and breaking windows at your local banks... while setting dumpsters on fire and spray-painting great big "A's" on everything... -Or claiming to have been abducted by aliens. -Why ? ...because he has the intelligence to put an "R" in front of his name ? -and it absolutely demolishes the bases for every whinny, bitchy argument you put forth of sameness and corporate control ? -that amounts to nothing more then the nut-ball on the corner with the "End is Near" sign... ?

You libertarians (lowercase on purpose) -are the worst. Zealot!

Sincerely... the Fascist, Neo Colonial.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
From this point forward... don't go pointing at my ideology -or the lefts, anymore. You fooking nut-ball, rabid, libertarian zealots, will and always have, brought about your own demise.
Actually, our demise was brought about by you zombies who are too concerned with social engineering every aspect of our lives and too concerned with whether or not a bunch of nutballs in other countries are happy with their current form of dictatorship, due to your mindless voting for the same people time after time after time, who keep doing the same insane things over and over again expecting different results.

:thumbsup:

Here you have the first and only viable candidate the carries the exact same message as you nutball, zealots... without the flipping over of police cars and breaking windows at your local banks... while setting dumpsters on fire and spray-painting great big "A's" on everything... -Or claiming to have been abducted by aliens. -Why... because he has the intelligence to put an "R" in front of his name ? -and it absolutely demolishes the bases for every whinny, bitchy argument you put forth of sameness and corporate control ? -that amounts to the nut-ball on the corner with the "End is Near" sign...
His daddy has an R also.. and pretty much the same plan.. for many years now.. and your JUST NOW jumping on the bandwagon? You wanna close the gate now that the cows are all gone? Come on... :crazy: :laughing:

If it wasn't for libertarians.. there would never have been a republic. And since the demise of libertarian views.. there has not been a republic. So, I will counter that your lesser of the 2 evils party is by far the worst because you have no principles, you have no plans, and you have no functioning brains. If Obama does it, it's horrible, if Bush did it, it was commendable... come on, do you take yourself seriously? :laughing:

*smacks ball back into VFP's court*

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just like a libertarian zealot... claiming victory, even though the ball clearly rolled under the net...

None of this explains why you do not get behind and endorse Rand.

Main article: History of the Libertarian Party (United States)

The Libertarian Party was formed in Colorado Springs in the home of David Nolan on December 11, 1971.[5] The formation was prompted in part by the Vietnam War, conscription, and the end of the Gold Standard.[6] The first Libertarian National Convention was held in June, 1972. In 1978, Dick Randolph of Alaska became the first elected Libertarian state legislator. In 1994, over 40 Libertarians were elected or appointed which was a record for the party at that time. The year 1995 saw a soaring membership and voter registration for the party. In 1996, the Libertarian Party became the first third party to earn ballot status in all 50 states two presidential elections in a row. By the end of 2009, 146 Libertarians are holding elected offices.

The Libertarian Party is the first party to earn an electoral vote for a woman. In the 1972 Presidential Election John Hospers ran for president on the Libertarian Ticket, with his running mate, Tonie Nathan (a woman). The team earned one electoral vote in that election, making history.[5]

Ronald Ernest "Ron" Paul (born August 20, 1935) is an American physician and Republican Congressman for the 14th congressional district of Texas. Paul serves on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, the Joint Economic Committee, the Committee on Financial Services and is Chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy where he has been an outspoken critic of American foreign and monetary policy. He has gained prominence for his libertarian positions on many political issues, often clashing with both Republican and Democratic Party leaders. Paul has run for President of the United States twice, first in 1988 as the nominee of the Libertarian Party and again in 2008 as a candidate for the Republican nomination.

He was an alien "inductee"... prior to becoming a republican.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
When did I say I wouldn't get behind Rand? :huh:

If Ron runs, that's who I go with.. if Rand runs (I kind of doubt both will) I would be behind him as the next viable candidate.

Libertarians have a problem they don't offer any free **** to the dem voters and they don't offer any wars for the neocons.. :laughing:

Kinda leaves us limited.. the single party system has something for everyone. Debt, Corruption, War, Comedy, Socail Engineering, etc.

I gotta admit, it's also rather entertaining watchin guys like you try to clumsily defend Obama's war, while his regular zombies try to clumsily defend his war... and still blame Bush. :laughing: :crazy:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Ron runs, that's who I go with.. if Rand runs (I kind of doubt both will) I would be behind him as the next viable candidate.

Alright, bro. That's got to sting a bit... getting behind the Neo-Colonial Fascists, party.

Welcome to the war, brother. ;)

Ve have Vays uf making you sell your soul... for za Fathzer land. Das iz gud... ya ?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
What he says he's going to do and what he actually does will be two completely different matters

Also he never did find time to serve in the Military

Now all of a sudden he has time to serve his country ?

Truely suspect and packed full of ulterior motives

For his entire life he has been mainly serving himself, and grooming his own political career

Also he's the son of Ron Paul who has been giving him a leg up in this world since the day he was born AKA: Rich Kid:nuts:

We have enough rich kids running this country

We need someone who is not a career politician

And who knows how the average American thinks and what it takes to raise a family in 2011

I've had enough of all these ManChilds in congress and the White house

Pick someone else :nuts:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Alright, bro. That's got to sting a bit... getting behind the Neo-Colonial Fascists, party.

Welcome to the war, brother. ;)

Ve have Vays uf making you sell your soul. Das iz gud... ya ?
:laughing: The joke's on you VFP... both Paul's are infiltrators.

You gotta remember, the neocons are not the majority in the party, only the majority in the leadership, for now... ;)

Before you know it, you will be a clean cut, pot smoking Ron Paul supporting hippie.

:cheers:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I personally find it a hilarious, oxymoron. The son, of the Libertarians God... running on the republican ticket. If they were Republican... they would have to call him Jesus Paul. :laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I personally find it a hilarious, oxymoron. The son, of the Libertarians God... running on the republican ticket. If they were Republican... they would have to call him Jesus Paul. :laughing:
:laughing: Why would it be funny? You guys have been running everything from Progressives, to liberals, to IDK WTF (John McCain).. finally the rep party might be coming to it's senses.. and actually being Republican.. ;)

But it will prove to be too big a fight.. IMO. I still think you will end up with the puppet Romney. :huh:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:laughing: The joke's on you VFP... both Paul's are infiltrators.

You gotta remember, the neocons are not the majority in the party, only the majority in the leadership, for now... ;)

Before you know it, you will be a clean cut, pot smoking Ron Paul supporting hippie.

Ooooh, come on now, bro. Don't go getting all butt hurt. It happens to the best of us. Here you are... quoting our forefathers... believing that your party is equivalent to sliced bread of their espousal... then, you come to find out that some 60"s degenerate hippy that can't grasp a world that is changing around him... starts a moment in his garage -in order to make friends.

I still dig you, bro. I know where your heart is... it's in the same place mine is. USA #1!!!

Now... lets kill as many of these M/F'ers that wish harm upon this country, as possible... and return to our glory. :cheers:

By the way... I have always supported Paul's message. I'm just not a fanatical zealot like most of his followers seem to be.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
I still dig you, bro. I know where your heart is... it's in the same place mine is. USA #1!!!

:laughing: I just want the US to think of number 1 more often..

Now... lets kill as many of these M/F'ers that wish harm upon this country, as possible... and return to our glory. :cheers:
The only problem with that line is... we have always been the instigator. I just have a real hard time kicking someone in the nuts repeatedly, then acting all high and mighty when they land a punch. :huh:

Now, if your talking about the real enemies of freedom.. I'm in.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
By the way... I have always supported Paul's message. I'm just not a fanatical zealot like most of his followers seem to be.
Well preach, do your history and find out whether is was the status quo people or the zealots that brought this country about. ;)

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well preach, do your history and find out whether is was the status quo people or the zealots that brought this country about. ;)

;)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
This thread is awesome in so many ways.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts

Here you have the first and only viable candidate the carries the exact same message as you nutball, zealots... without the flipping over of police cars and breaking windows at your local banks... while setting dumpsters on fire and spray-painting great big "A's" on everything... -Or claiming to have been abducted by aliens. -Why ? ...because he has the intelligence to put an "R" in front of his name ? -and it absolutely demolishes the bases for every whinny, bitchy argument you put forth of sameness and corporate control ? -that amounts to nothing more then the nut-ball on the corner with the "End is Near" sign... ?

Sincerely... the Fascist, Neo Colonial.
Dude...why do you always have to label people. People can have differing views on some things and agree completely on another. In fact that is the most logical thing. What is very important to you may be of no consequence to another and visa versa. I for one pick the individual not the party, because the parties have for far too long been playing politics while the country goes to ****. What we need is a few good individuals that put the country before party, and good governance above politics. Dude grow up. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I don't care who writes the laws... the people who control the money make the rules.

Good luck to Rand, he is pretty sharp. It will be interesting to see who in the GOP jumps on board..
Rand knows the game, could be good or bad. at best as of TODAY (could be changed down the road) Rand is my second choice behind Donald:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts