Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as ive said in another thread... im looking to spend a little pre-kenne bell money. basically, i just want upgrade suspension, brakes, and if i have a little money left over....ill start working on forged internals.

im not building a track car. this will mainly be a street car. i dont have any plans to actually race it, but i would like to hit a few road course days.

with that being said... what type of brakes would any of you recommend? i know the brands..... i know all about the brembos, willwoods, stoptech, and baers.....but do i actually need a big brake kit? would it just serve me better to get some z51 rotors with a good set of pads? or just buy a zo6 brake kit?

im just trying to figure out at what point id be wasting money.

after i get this car to the 600hp mark, ill probably call it quits. im ordering a factory five gtm kit this january. that will be my race/track car. the corvette is just a mean ass street car.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm in your same seat can't wait for that KB! I'm deff opting for the much less expensive/beautful fully capable C6 Z06 brakes/calipers...:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts