Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im sitting at a red light in the car in my avatar. its fairly well built--a 10-1 chevy 454 + .030, big valve oval ports, 292-.595-108 isky, roller top, rpm intake, 750 carb, 2400 stall, 3.73 gear, etc...and with the 108LC its rowdy. shakes so hard in gear you cant see out the rear view mirror...perfect!

a newish ( last 3-5 years id guess ) mustang GT pulls up next to me while im going 'rumpety rumpety rump' at idle and proceeds to toss a few revs at me...i shoot him a smile and shake my head "NO".

he revs it good, maybe 3500-4000rpm a few times. i laugh at him, and casually look around for cops while i put my left foot on brake/right on gas and load it just a bit--usually in gear idle is 750rpm, so i load it to maybe about 1000-1200rpm.

the crossing light goes yellow, then red and he MATS it--i mean hes on the fricken rev limiter. our light turns green and he sidesteps the clutch with the motor amping, and just blows away his tires.

i let go the brake and 'roll' into 1/4 throttle--just past 3000rpm--1st-2nd-3rd, and leave him 5 lengths behind by the next light a short block away. he hung a right and disappeared. i kinda felt sorry for him--but i did warn him with the 1st "no".......:smack

·
Registered
9 Posts
You actually did the lad a favor. Education is always beneficial, even when the lesson is not a pleasant one. This youngster is better educated now than before.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
You actually did the lad a favor. Education is always beneficial, even when the lesson is not a pleasant one. This youngster is better educated now than before.

We trudge on.
No worries. He keeps smoking tires and going sideways, he'll end up in a ditch or around a tree and be back on a bicycle where he belongs.:laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts